Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for JetForums

Fairline Squadron Information?

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by Gray-Sea, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

We have never had any interest in cruising/motor yachts until seeing the Fairline Squadron series.

What interests me most is the fact that they seem to be almost universally well respected, even among those who frequent another fishing forum where nothing is liked anything unless it's a 24-degree center console with triple outboards. :)

Also, much of Fairline's propaganda and magazine reviews mention "offshore" use which seems to not frequently be addressed among American builders.
    18* deadrise is very appealing (more than a Viking sportfish).

Resale value seems comparatively low for clean, low-hour, well-maintained early to mid 2000s boats, so I wonder what I'm missing?

Good CATs are out there, but I know nothing of the Volvo power plants.

Compared to sportfish boats, the weight of these is MUCH lower, so I'm curious about overall build quality and anything else anyone wants to share about these very classy looking boats.

Thank you!
  2. Ward

Ward Senior Member

If you're looking at new Fairlines, or if you're thinking about warranty support on used ones, you should be aware that the fate of the company is a bit up in the air right now. There were reports a couple of months ago of sharp cutbacks in the workforce and they were apparently sold to an investment group that might not be terribly interested in the business. There's a UK-based site that has a couple epic "boat in build" threads that are very informative, and the same site has some discussion about Fairline's future that might be of interest.
  3. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

Bummer! Thanks for the information.

The "family owned" aspect was appealing as well.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've run a few late 90's early 2000's Fairlines. They run pretty good, handle pretty good, build quality seems ok, interior is a little tight (hallways/heads). Nothing was really awe-inspiring about them, but nothing bad either.