Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for JetForums

Erie Canal Radar Arch Removal

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by David Helsom, Mar 26, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. David Helsom

David Helsom Senior Member

Would anybody consider going the opposite way, up the river through Chicago this spring? We have ruled it out because of the flooding and closure of the lock July 1st. We do not want to get trapped in Kentucky. No offense but that would make a tough commute for me to get to work.

Capt J, I’m afraid without the support railing around the top of the windscreen attached to the arch I run the risk of cracking the screen if we get any wind or just plain movement. It’s only a few extra screws and caulk so not a big deal. I have a captain running the boat with me so I’ll have time as we near the canal to do what needs doing to be ready. What is going to funny is the look we’ll have with all of the railings, windscreen and arch piled on the upper fantail. Kinda Sanford and Son sorta thing.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You'll be pushing the spring melt current the entire way and still run into the height restrictions. Plus if you have to lay the boat up for a month or a year the yards on the east coast are better suited for you.