Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

Chiller troubleshooting

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by Pascal, Jul 29, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Final post on this... even after all the cleaning and making sure the pump was on top shape, I was still getting occasional tripping on the breaker power the nr 1 and 2 chillers. Not as often, but still o ce a day was one too many.

i upgraded the breaker to 80amps from 63. I thought about it and figured a constant load of 57 to 58 amp was too much for the 63 amp breaker. Not worried about the wires from the breaker to the cruisair box as they are 4AWG.

that fixed the issue. Hasn’t tripped in 10 days.
  2. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

Nice! I think I might have he issue of one of the loops being blocked as it’s running hot.
    Access is tight. Weather is cooling so I’ll put off for a bit. We have a central sea chest and I’m definitely adding a sep thru haul for AC next haul out.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Our chillers have three loops. Couple of weeks ago one was running 15 degrees higher. I was able to back flush that one and temp went down right away.

on ours it was just a matter of disconnecting the vertical manifold so I could get to that loop intake. The other end of the loop was hard to reach so I just disconnected the main hose. Backflushed that loop and found pieces of junk in the bucket.