Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Comfort Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

Cheap Yacht Transport?

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by Jasper, Nov 17, 2004.

1. sailorr13

sailorr13 New Member

Contact details

Hi Andrei
    I am interested in cheap transport to avoid the Gulf of Aden region.
    Can you give me some contact details?
    Thanks
  2. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I just received 2 bids on shipping a 52 foot 62 ton trawler from Vancouver to Lauderdale:

DYT is $55,000. See YF Banner Ad for contact information.

Global Forwarding USA is $48,000. Send PM for contact information.

DYT is shipping a 50' steel trawler for me from Lauderdale to Ensenada, loading next week for $46,000. I'll let you know how it goes.

Judy
  3. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

I ship on deck all the time.

I have been dealing for years with 2 yacht transport companies, they are two of the best:
    - Peters & May
    - Sevenstar Yacht Transport
  4. sailorr13

sailorr13 New Member

Thanks Judy still sounds like an awfull lot of money.
  5. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

I have had 8 voyages to and from the med with DYT. All without a hitch. Actually, our last one was delayed on board for unloading for about 3 weeks iirc, but it was due to weather, and DYT always informed us, and the onboard crew of our yacht was taken care of all the way...

It is good to have the crew traveling together with the yacht, as when it arrives it is already prepped/half-prepped... Also gives time for some stuff to be worked on. Part of the crew goes on rest though.

I always get quotes from other companies, DYT is all-inclusive, most (if not all) others require you to hire directly numerous additionals such as insurance, etc, etc... In the end, the float-on/float-off security for a larger boat came into play, plus the convenience of dealing with and signing with only one company. Plus the price was never over 5% higher than the on-deck shippers offered us...

Hopefully this year we will be doing our 9th and 10th DYT voyages.
  6. RLEschler

RLEschler New Member

YachtGuyMke - help shipping commercial fishing boat

We're trying to transport a commercial fishing boat from Maine to Santa Barbara, CA. Haven't purchased yet, trying to get all the numbers together first. Anticipate buying a 25 to 28 foot boat, usually 9 or 10 feet wide. Don't know tonnage. Any suggestions?