Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay

Breaking News: New 74' Spencer sportfish sinks...

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by YachtForums, Jan 14, 2016.

1. alvareza

alvareza Member

Sorry for being a bit off topic. Looking to better understand

We are bringing our new to us boat up from NJ to RI. Started wonder why the guidance above to avoid the main channel in NY harbor.

Thanks
  2. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Update , this Spencer is at my current winter time marina/boat yard on the eastern shore of Maryland. The yard is almost done the repairs....FYI. Looks good from what I could see.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. kevin8tor

kevin8tor New Member

4. Ward

Ward Senior Member

There's an article about the rebuild/restoration in the latest Professional Boatbuilder magazine - April/May 2019 issue.
  5. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

I was at Worton about 1 month ago or so. The Spencer/Worton was in the water just outside the travel lift well.
    It was sitting perfectly on her lines. Neither bow nor stern heavy .
  6. The Edmund NC

The Edmund NC New Member

This boat just rolled past my dock......just north of Jarrett Bay Boatyards in Beaufort NC. I had no idea of it's auspicious beginnings......
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I am always in the main channel, I'll be at the edge of it, but still in it. That goes for both NY harbor and the upper chesapeke/C+D canal and Norfolk as well (unless instructed otherwise by the Navy).

Where this boat ran aground was a pass that they should've never taken, very narrow and something someone "may" run a 30' center console out of. The main channel was 1/2 a mile away and in a 38 knot SF, what's an extra 1/2 mile?