Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for JetForums

Bow Thruster Help

Discussion in 'Silverton Yacht' started by MBenjamin, Oct 20, 2010.

1. MBenjamin

MBenjamin New Member

I just bought a 2001 Sport Bridge. It came with a non working Max Power Model 65 Bow Thruster. I've had no luck optaining any service information so I can repair it. Thank you, Mike B.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

start with the basics... make sure you have power both at the grinder (heavy gauge cables) as well as at the controls. both are often on different circuits
  3. MBenjamin

MBenjamin New Member

Thanks for the info. I will start troubleshooting it once the boat is pulled for the winter. I am still looking for the manual for service information.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Also check the battery charge and that the breaker isn't triped.
  5. MBenjamin

MBenjamin New Member

I do have issues with the port side batteries. I will pull them once hauled out. I'm not sure which side the truster draws from, but the batteries are an issue.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Quite likely it's on it's own.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

grinder installations varies... check your wiring diagrams (get one from the builder if you dont' have it) and make sure the installation matches the diagrams

spend some time tracing the wiring, etc... you NEED TO KNOW how it's hooked up.

these thigns pull quite a bit of power, some installer undersize wiring size and'or batteries causing headaches down the r... hmm.. waterway.
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

If it's the battery you might find it easier on your back to change it while the boat's still in the water. Those suckers can be heavy getting down from and up to the swim platform with the boat up on jacks. Then again I'm old and feeble.:D