Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

Blohm & Voss News

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ... and here in Hamburg was seen an amount of some € 120 millions as bought price. It seems also that Star Capital will serve as 'Dienstleister' = 'Third company' supplier to military fregate and corvete works at TK. The last Passenger ship who left Repairs was the P&O Aurora which gained a Duck Tail behind, among many upgrades. For now both Repair and Yacht Yards are totally empty. As Sietas Werft is insolvency also here in HH, the things in this area is in bad business to the city in terms of positive perspectives. On the other side, they will finish the works are taken along the ship current in building. Star Capital will close the agreement in January.
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

The Blom& Voss CEO Herbert Aly announced that he expects the final order for the rumored new 160m yacht this year... that sounds great!
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

expects what? that it be completed this year, started this year? Just to be clear to the other members...
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

That the client will order the yacht, so start..
  5. No, nothing is gonna be built here for some time. I don't know where this information came from, but nothing is to be heard not even announced in inofficial sources here in Hamburg. In opposite, the Yard is empty after Star Capital to full operates there, if this is to be happen. It seems none yacht is to be built this year here. Sorry but this seems only a pity rumour. Sad but the truth. The yards here are trying to not go bankrupcy finding projects to be built. Most are going to repair Wind energy devices instead of ships. Even at repair since long nothing is coming. The crisis in Hamburg is still in high levels.
  6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Curious that the "pity rumor" comes from the Yard CEO...I guess he knows very good what it going on..
  7. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

When B and V was being marketed there was much talk of a big new build being on the way. It was said at the time that this contract would go with the yard when sold.

This itself could well have been a poisoned chalice as the yard to date has not managed to build a yacht and make any money on it so why would someone take on a contract that their own team had not had any part in pricing was one of the big questions.

I got this from a client I have who was looking at buying the yard and got deeply involved in the process before pulling out for personal reasons.

The use of old shipyards to make wind park things is all well and good and it has really transformed Bremerhaven for the better albeit short term. There will soon be all the wind parks that there is room/ need/permission for and the facilities will soon end up like their predecessors.
  9. ^ yes, right

The unexperienced in Yacht Building SC puts pulver in Air to catch the guns who fires the once duck in the air... ok, probability too few, but of course after spending some €150 million in the field there, they have to do some marketing trying to get attention of some crazy billionaire. (If the financial crisis did not put down the passive amount in the accounts...)

I read that as well but believe they are such as dreamers instead of reals.
  10. Yacht News

Seems Blohm & Voss may very well be getting back into superyacht construction. Apparently this was announced in London last night by them at a reception specifically for that purpose. They'll be concentrating on new build superyachts over 80-meters LOA. For those who are not familiar, Blohm & Voss has built some spectacular yachts in the past and in the VERY recent past including; "Eclipse" (largest yacht in the world), "Palladium" (The Michael Leach special), "A" (Philipe Starck), "Eco" (revolutionary and fast at her launch), "Savarona" (Timeless and classical) and "Lady Moura" (also quite revolutionary when she launched).
  11. Yacht News

What does it say about Blohm & Voss and an 80-meter 'megayacht'? That they are building one?
  12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yep, they say the hull is already docked in Dock 6... great news for B&V after difficult times...
    I am happy for them!!
  13. Yacht News

I wonder if it is a derivative of "Palladium"
  14. Her Project Name is GRACEFUL and is to cost more than € 100 millions, finished in 1 or upto 2 years. The main task of Yard is interior. Maybe another Contract is under Way. She is already total closed in DK 6. My Director goes there next weeks to see if we gain a Contract as well.

15. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Translation for those of us who are not fluent in german:

... A completely different ship, meanwhile, also arrived in Hamburg, of which at least a part: from Bremerhaven was the naked, dragged well 822-ton hull of a new luxury yacht for the Hamburg-based Blohm + Voss. There is more than 80 meters long yacht "graceful" to be expanded, shared with Blohm + Voss. After the takeover of the civilian shipbuilding company by the investor Star Capital Partners in late January 2012 will be the first yacht job done in this situation. The construction of luxury yachts from 80 meters in length will also continue to remain the core business of the Hamburg shipyard, which in the past had been the largest megayachts in the world delivered. Who is the client of the ship is kept confidential, it said. Industry reports that it is a Russian. More than 80 million euros would cost such a pleasure craft project for the class-XXL. In this case, maybe even more. Originally, the hull will be delivered by a Russian shipyard of Blohm + Voss, according to industry sources. But when transporting a tractor through the North Sea off Norway, the construction went on a rock and had to be abandoned as a wreck. (This was still further brought to the BV and insurance reasons as it is not worthwhile to fix it). In the second experiment, the body now (design is different now) in Bremerhaven in northern steel welded together - from there the path was much shorter and not safe in the winter.
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I think that GRACEFUL which is reported as having been launched is the same hull as went on the rocks after a broken tow a couple of years ago. I recently heard a knowledgeable industry insider say that the hull was almost re manufactured instead of being repaired after the mishap but I am not sure of the exact details.
  17. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Talking about "Graceful" it appears to me that 2 months for outfitting and sea trials is a pretty tight schedule for a 82m custom yacht is it not?

However I do not know how far she is already outfitted.
  18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It really does depend how much has been done, if outfitting is just carpets and soft furnishings then 2 months is probably ok.

Actual Sea Trials all going well only take a few days and a week or so after to correct any faults and re test.