Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko Click for Comfort

| Blohm + Voss | 119M | M/Y "A" -ex.Project "Sigma" - | 2008 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by YachtForums, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

3. Jacoben

Jacoben New Member

4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

5. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Sf99

We have worked out for this project renderings, a 3D-CAD model and movies based on this material in 2004 before contract. We will and have not disclosed this material.

After contract we have done all the workshop fairing.

Further on we enclosed two photos taken by a friend on 13.03.2008 in Kiel

Cheers
    Bernd

Attached Files:

6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

There's a lot new pics of Sigma on the web including some vid of her seatrialing. Too much to direct too, just google.
    When I first saw her pics I was impressed by her inovation, but like others, not sure how I liked the look. The more I see, the more I like. If the owners ever get bored I don't think they'll have to do more than whisper to get her resold if she handles as good as I think she might and if her machinery is as forward thinking. There may be only a couple of people bold enough for her, but she a one-off so that's all that's needed. In the mean time I'd like to see some architects melding a few of these inovations into more conventional designs. I for one am getting tired of seeing 40 to 80 foot yachts that all look the same. Likewise the 80 to 160's.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. Teenna

Teenna New Member

I can second the comment from the Youtube- "only it's mother could love it!" and add that between the yacht and the tripod lemon squeezer the last came out nicer.
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The lemon squeezer is nice to look at, but pretty useless (juice-less?). Perhaps the yacht will be as wet over the bow as you get from using the squeezer...;)
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Can't say I like her looks, and for sure her foredeck will be a bit damp in rough seas, but then who hangs on the bow sipping champagne in rough seas anyway. The ride for the rest of the boat should be a lot more comfortable though as she pierces the waves instead of rising up over. The fedships reverse bow yacht moves a bit more toward conventional, but still has a way to go. Looks like the future to me (after a lot of refinement).
    In the mean time I can see Sigma doing double duty. Just add a 50mm, a couple of torpedo tubes and a few missle hatches. Seriously though it's good to see radical thought and a willingness to dare, even if it may not be my taste.
  10. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Well, wet bow or not, my view is that yacht is a thing of rare beauty.

Kelly
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Can't argue with you on that Kelly. It's just too radical for me to figure out my taste on this one. It is definately a step into the future of boating. I do tend to like functional, tuff vessels (workboats, tugs, military vessels) more than the "refined". I think I need to see her in person or at least some shots of her insides to know how I feel. Still, kudos to her designers, architects and owner for forward thinking. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
  12. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I also like the look of 'Tuff Boats' Google M/Y Kerring, but like many Martin Francis boats he really does push what is possible within constraints of technology available at a reasonable budget-ish.
    Does anyone recall 'Izunami' looked like a patrol vessel and went like stink! Also built at B&V I think

Dave
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Dave,
    Couldn't find anything on those boats; "Kerring"....(Kiring? 34m w/ black bow?) If you have a link pass it on. My favorite was always Echo, another B & V. She used to make Lauderdale e/o year and as she approached you'd recognize her profile from more than 5 miles off. Only one that came in carrying her own seaplane.
  14. Alisnowie

Alisnowie New Member

Predator

i think it is just a copy of Predator :confused:
  15. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Only til you leave the bow. Predator is much less militaristic. For the moment they will be compared a lot because they're the first 2 major projects with the reversed bow. 20 years from now you'll be marveling at boats with that retro-classic forward raked bow look that they used to call the European design, and hear things like "yeah, my dad used to work on those when he was a kid". :cool:
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi- Dave, IZANAMI- became RONIN was built by Lurssen

Here are some pictures of it posted by our very own AMG http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/7860-post8.html
  17. Alisnowie

Alisnowie New Member

What is it like

dose an one have pics of the interior is it modrn or classic ??? I wonder what it is like in weather I dont relly like this type of boat I'm more of a moonen exploer and small stylish boats like nilo plz reply somone sorry with
    my spelling I'm on my iPhone and it is hard to type
  18. coismov

coismov Member

When I first saw it, I really liked the design, but the more I see it, the less I like it. Especially after I saw a view of the stern. This was definitely a design only intended to be seen from from the profile view.
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, this boat is not even delivered and very little is known, but it is expected to have a Philippe Starck designed interior. So my guess is contemporary with a twist...

If you are part of the family behind Moonen yachts, I am not surprised that you like them. I do as well since my time with Moonshadow. But we should not make advertising here....;)
  20. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Sigma inspiration?

Did this US military test vessel inspire Sigma?
    I can't really say that Sigma is growing on me either.
    Just a little too wierd.

Attached Files: