Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for JetForums

Best Luxury Flybridge Manufacturer 50’-70’

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by tader2112, Jul 5, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

You did not spec lil recreational boats vs M Y. Where is the dividing line?
    And yes, even in our lil red-neck parts of the world, I have been around these engines..
    Not worked on them but many passes by them.....
    On this level, a few folks are salaried to keep them up and clean (spit polish), way over our pay grade.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Ok let me try again.

the cummins recreational marine propulsion page shows the biggest engine at 715hp.

The bigger engines shown on the page you linked to is all industrial, rail and commercial marine.
    go to MTU, Man or Cat and marine recreational are listed with much larger output.

here is cat for instance
    https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/...nce-propulsion-and-maneuvering-solutions.html

so I ask again... show me a single recreational builder or YW listing showing Cummins power over 750hp
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

At this time, No listings on the smaller recreational (owner operated lil boat) market. No current listings for charter & fishing boats (tonight).
    They are there. Just no energy to hunt them down tonight. So, I'll give in to you...

I can only guess, you are assuming that this web page separates the recreational market from larger & real privately owned boats (called something else) and that over 715hp is not installed in any privately owned yachts.
  4. dcwjd

dcwjd New Member

Cummins ends at 715hp and then you have to decide between cats , Volvo’s and Man’s for any of the boats I’m looking at. I have Cummins on my 48 but they are 517hp each and have been bullet proof until now.
  5. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Considering your engines preference, your need for three cabins and your beam restrictions, you'd better check out the Ferretti 500. You might be surprised by how close she is in terms of interior volumes to the mid 50 footers that you have in mind.
  6. Tomo1965

Tomo1965 New Member

What about galleon, I understand they are comparable to princess and have a nice layout to them. The f50 looks great, but I have never driven or been in one.
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH New Member

While a lot may disagree .. If you are looking used take a look at the Sea Ray L650 FLY .. if you get one properly optioned they are a great boat and just as trouble free as any on the list .. I own a L650Fly it came with C18 Cats . hydraulic bow and stern thrusters , twin Sea keepers , crews qtrs , 2 built in grills so many refrigerators i have to think to count 3 docking stations , I could go on.. But so far love the boat .. and when you get a sea ray you get the best customer service in the business. If I ask for information in the morning my in box will be full of drawings and instructions by afternoon...
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I wouldn't disagree at all with an L650 Fly purchased used. The issues were the problems they were delivered new with, which required a lot of work and patience.
    LARRYH likes this.
  9. olderboater

Another new poster popping in on Galeon boats (only one L). I would not be inclined to put them as comparable to Princess, more like Prestige. My bigger concern is their channel of distribution in the US and getting service from the dealer.
    Tomo1965 likes this.
  10. mapism

mapism Senior Member

You mean 3 stations, one being in the cockpit on top of the "usual" two, I suppose?
    3 docking stations sounds like you're talking of a cruise ship... :)
  11. LARRYH

LARRYH New Member

yes .. the helm inside and on flybridge and 1 cockpit docking station... I referred to it as docking stations since they all use a (separate) joy stick if desired for docking only.. but you are correct that is what I should have said..
  12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

What is so unusual with 3 docking station on a 60 to 70 ft yacht. Two wing stations and one station in the aft cockpit for med mooring. Only thing You need are the trottle(s) and the joysticks for the bow and stern thruster for easy single handed docking. And if possible, the electronic hook (automatic position hold) makes thing really easy and safe. In my opinion, these systems would make already sense on, for example, a Nordhavn 52, when operated by the typical husband and wife crew.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents
    PNW -Dave likes this.
  13. olderboater

Unusual? Well, Nordhavn 52 doesn't have it normally. Most boats in this size range do not come with it standard. The poster never said it was unusual, just he loved it.
    LARRYH likes this.
  14. LARRYH

LARRYH New Member

I guess my post was meant to help the op if I did not word something correctly I am sorry about it I never implied that the docking station was unusual just that it has it and I like it .. just saying the boat has some nice features on it and depending on what the op is looking for could be something he finds helpful....
  15. olderboater

And you didn't imply that.
    LARRYH likes this.
  16. mapism

mapism Senior Member

No reason to be sorry. Cruise ship joke aside, I'm well aware that triple docking stations can and do exists, which is precisely the reason why I asked.
    That said, I can't imagine anyone asking for more than joystick on both helms plus in the cockpit in a boat like yours, and I certainly agree with your description of her as "properly optioned"! :)
    LARRYH likes this.
  17. PremierPOWER

PremierPOWER New Member

I would take a look at Schaefer Yachts. They are breaking into the US market. We’ve currently got a 660 under construction and take delivery in a couple months.