Click for Mag Bay Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Westport

Beneteau Swift Trawler Owners?

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by rclarke246, Aug 20, 2013.

1. orrluis

orrluis New Member

Yes I live in Miami and I prefer hot weather beside the insurance is not to expensive if you keep your boat on one of the Hurricane Holes Marinas were the problem is reduce.
    As you know we are one area that has more boats in or Country
    I been keeping boats here since 1997 from a 70 footer to my actual boat that is a APREAMARE 10 (33 foot) that I will be next to the 42 Swift
    LUIS
  2. orrluis

orrluis New Member

I been waiting to be able to bring my boat for the weather to warm up in order to star my trip
    I am use to the hot and humid weather but I can not take any temperature below 60 F
    Luis
  3. orrluis

orrluis New Member

Correct the boat has been in storage since September and the area is beautiful but for me to cool
    Luis
  4. rclarke246

rclarke246 New Member

Recently took her from Annapolis to SW Florida.
    The boat performend flawlessly.
  5. orrluis

orrluis New Member

In July 2014 I arrive at Ft Lauderdale, FL after my trip from Rochester, NY
    I complete the voyage in 29 days and the boat was perfect
    I am very happy with this Swift Trawler
    After my arrival in South Florida I have travel to the Keys and to Bimini
    The only part of the Beneteau that I change was the Generator the Panda is not reliable that reason I install a new Generator Westerbeke 10 Kw and upgrade the electrical system to 50 amp instead of the two 30 amp
    I have over 300 hours on the boat since I purchase the boat with no problems
  6. orrluis

orrluis New Member

I star my trip to South Florida from Rochester, NY July 2014 and arrive in Ft Lauderdale 29 days later
    I visit Annapolis mid July.
    We are in Marina Bay , Ft Lauderdale
    You will be very happy with this new boat
    LUIS
  7. orrluis

orrluis New Member

IMG_1263.JPG In our way to the Colon Regatta FL
  8. rclarke246

rclarke246 New Member

We now have 300 hours on our 2012 Swift 44. Learned a lot about this model! Generally, very pleased!
    Please feel free to contact me via this forum or EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED to share ST experiences or questions. I'd like to learn more and flatten my learning curve.
    Thanks!
  9. orrluis

orrluis New Member

Yes I will contact you if I have any questions even that our boat are different my is a 2006 and yours is 2012 but the basics are the same
    We have over 600 hours now and by the end of the year I will put 300 more
    We plan to go to Charleston in April 2015 and to Key West and the Tortugas during the summer.
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

RClarke,

We do not allow email addresses to posted within the forums. This is to protect you. Please read our rules before posting to YF again.
  11. Balder VII

Balder VII New Member

IMG00003-20120322-1627.jpg Hi,
    First of all, happy new year and fair winds!
    As a med cruiser, I would like to say that sail from NY to Florida is definitely a dream for an european yachtman like me .I may do this trip soon, expecting to use DYA yacht transport to be back in Carribean ( I did that a long time ago with a sail boat) and later along US coasts.
    As well, I can imagine that you should be happy also to anchor in a quiet bay in Corsica, Balearics, Sardenia or Italy...
    Concerning the ST 42, I bought her new in 2006 and have fully customized this boat which is , it is true a mass product boat but very well build ( the ST 42 is best honestly than the 44) . It is in fact absolutely the same hull. Major difference with the old generation, beneteau decrease in power from 2 x 370 Yanmars 6LYA STP to smaller Volvos) I prefer this oldier version, less electronic on engines, but may be less space alos to move around in the engine room.
    What major changes have I done on my ST 42?
    - the swimplatform of my 42 has been replaced by a new custom teak platform done for me following my plans by teakmarinewoodwork in Tampa. A very nice improvment, now the boat is more 45- 46 feet with a lot of space to enjoy anchorages.( pictures on the web site of Steve Schuller, very professional)
    - mast and bimini are electricaly foldable
    - stern prop
    - new design of the fly bridge
    - new fittings in toilets ( a big issue on these boats, ST 42 as well ST 44) including Lectra scan
    - watermaker, washing machine, drying machine, dishmachine etc etc
    - extra space in galley
    - passive stabs with stainless steel rigging
    - 480 w of solar panel
    - cheminey
    -larger flaps

I try to post soon other pictures of these modifications.
    Dominique
    Balder VII
    currently berthed in Valencia, Spain
    View attachment 68785 NOKIA avril 2013 037.jpg carré2.jpg View attachment 68788
  12. orrluis

orrluis New Member

My Boat do not have your systems
    I have a bigger Westerbeke Generator 10 KVA to handle the 3 Air conditioner in Florida we have warm wether all year except for a few days in January and February
    Direct TV with M 7 antenna and upgrade on the navigation equipment and Flir for night vision
    The trip is fantastic that reason I am going to return to Charleston SC end of April
    here some pictures. IMG_0960 first Lock Lake Erie.jpg P6220250LOCKS .jpg P6240351Kingston NY.jpg IMG_1659 ny.jpg P6250470 ny.jpg
  13. orrluis

orrluis New Member

I forgot I did have one modification to improve the fuel consumption, demising some lateral movement and increase the speed one or two knot
    IMG_1180 taps.jpg IMG_1182 taps.jpg IMG_1185 taps.jpg
  14. orrluis

orrluis New Member

IMG_0139.jpg
  15. rclarke246

rclarke246 New Member

Thank you for your kindest reply! I apologize.
  16. orrluis

orrluis New Member

17. orrluis

orrluis New Member

BIMINI and HIGHBORNE forgot the "AND"
  18. orrluis

orrluis New Member

IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1573.jpg CHUB CAY
  19. orrluis

orrluis New Member

A good boat and very economic on fuel for island hooping
    In June plan to return to the Bahamas and after I will be traveling to Savannah
  20. Rick L

Rick L New Member

Owner of 2014 Beneteau Swift 44 purchased December 2014. We have put 300 hours on her and have had added several custom features in the year we have owned her- including a beautiful set of custom bridge stairs allowing our 90 lb German shepherd "Kobe" to join us with ease on the fly bridge. We have corrected several problems that we have encountered even though she was purchased new and have learned a few Swift 44 tricks along the way.

We consider the issues that we have encountered to be "typical" and truly love this boat.