Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Perko

atomare design

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by atomare, Jul 25, 2008.

1. atomare

atomare New Member

Interior Concepts

Hello everyone,
    it has been a while, since I last posted some of my work here, but I would like to share two recent interior concepts with you and am curious about your opinions.

The first one is based on a SanLorenzo 40Alloy, by far my favorite yacht model and definetely the one I would buy if I had the money :D .

The second one is based on the Azimut 86S.

Don´t be shy, please reply ;).
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. atomare

atomare New Member

SanLorenzo MainLounge

The Mainlounge of the Sanlorenzo, with a structured bamboo floor, that also wraps up the side walls. The paneling is bleached sycamore which adds some subtle depth to the walls. The Furniture makes use of Asian Ebony and Macassar wood, as well as white calf- and ostrich leather for the upholstery. Various polished stainless steel elements add a bit of a modern twist to the interior. The bar is made of delano marble, with a backlit top of white onyx.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. atomare

atomare New Member

SanLorenzo Staircase

The Staircase and Lower Deck Hallway is designed in contrast to the light interior of the lounges and staterooms. The steps are made from lit frosted glass to achieve an effect of floating lightness. in contrast the outer walls are covered in macassar, while the division wall in between the stair flights is clad in dark ostrich leather pads. The backwall of the staircase features spectacular iron red granite slabs, that are indirectly lit from the side.

Attached Files:

4. atomare

atomare New Member

SanLorenzo Dining

The Dining Room features the same material characteristics and details as the mainlounge. The Dining table with a stainless steel base and a top in dark macassar and an organically shaped tin inlay forms the center of the space. Surrounding are custom designed chairs upholstered in light and dark ostrich leather.

Attached Files:

5. atomare

atomare New Member

SanLorenzo Master State Room

The Master State Room follows the general material concept and features a bamboo floor, a custom designed bed and an integrated desk/vanity on portside. The bathroom is directly connected through room high sliding doors made of frosted glass.

Attached Files:

6. atomare

atomare New Member

Azimut Console

What I like very much about the "smaller" Azimut is that the steering console, lounge, dining area and the exterior deck are so closely connected and form one almost inseparable unity.

Attached Files:

7. atomare

atomare New Member

Azimut Lounge+Dining

One fantastic feature about the Azimut is the retractable roof, that can convert the whole maindeck into an open air space. Here it is clad in a structured stainless steel covering. The dark floor and furniture wood is strongly contrasted by the white organically sweeping superstructure and the bright upholstery.

Attached Files:

8. atomare

atomare New Member

Azimut Maindeck

The Maindeck offers a lounge and dining corner, a small bar and a sunbathing area including jacuzzi. What else would you need :D ?

Attached Files:

9. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hi,

Just wondering with M/Y Koi, have you thought of making a smaller version of the main cabin, and creating a second level on top? Still keeping the same lines, you could then mold the 'new pilot house' back into the existing cabin... just a suggestion.

The SanLorenzo Staircase, sensational, love it, i know who to choose when designing the interior of my superyachts.

The Azimut Lounge+Dining looks very nice with the dark timber work (what's the name of it?), it looks great with the white trim!

Really like the work.

Far
  10. atomare

atomare New Member

Hi Far,
    the idea for Koi is great, the staircases for crew and guests would have to be turned 180 degrees, ... but that´s fine since the owner will even get a small lounge or bedroom facing the fore deck ;). Still the view to the side might be a bit impaired from the bridge, for docking the integrated wingstations could be put a bit higher into the roof though.

As for the SanLorenzo staircase, this is also one of my favorite designs yet and I hope to execute it in one way or the other someday, someplace.

The Wood used in the Azimuts´ lounge is macassar wood, ... it´s grain is actually a bit finer than shown in the renderings. However an effect like in the renderings could be achieved with dark stained ebony or rosewood. The floor is bamboo by the way, ... which could of course also be used on the furniture to achieve the desired effect, but might not be exclusive enough for some owners?
  11. atomare

atomare New Member

Some more concepts

Hi everyone, here are some more yacht concepts....

First off, "SLENDER" a 18m streamlined powerboat, for fun cruising and an enjoyable stay on the water. It features a large sunbed on the fore deck and a beach like deck at the stern. A cosy lounge and three cabins are at the guests disposal for evening and night use.

Attached Files:

12. atomare

atomare New Member

Astrofish

Astrofish is a 20 meter styling exercise, ... its sweeping roof lines intersect with the hull and create an image of a huge .... well, ... astrofish ;)

Attached Files:

13. atomare

atomare New Member

Certainty

40 meter Certainty features some edgy lines and a "hot wheels" like attitude. It´s painted in metallic anthracite, with some white and orange accents. - The owner and up to 8 guests should find plenty of space on the large sundeck and in the lounge on maindeck.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  14. atomare

atomare New Member

FloRes

96 meter FloRes is a true superyacht, ... it offers three lounges at the stern, ... a large owners area on the fore upperdeck with a private deck and jacuzzi facing the bow. Up to 20 guests can be accommodated in great comfort.... 8 on the fore maindeck, 12 on the lowerdeck where four of the guest cabins feature drop down balconies. The integrated beach club at the stern offers a fully equipped spa with steam- and massage-room and a gymnasium at sea level. The tenders and toys are stored just in front and can be launched through the hatches at the side. ...

Attached Files:

15. atomare

atomare New Member

FloRes Expedition

Based on the same lines as the FloRes yacht, ...this 78 meter is projected to be a "go anywhere" yacht. With which the Owner and up to 12 guests can go out, exploring the ocean while staying in appropriate accommodation ....

Attached Files:

16. atomare

atomare New Member

Torro

And here is Torro, .... still in progress, but I wanted to share the concept already anyway. - With its modern lines, the flybridge on sundeck and and its bamboo detailing, 38m motor yacht "Torro" is a spectacular, yet cosy yacht to travel on. It offers space for up to eight guests and ten crew members in great comfort. The fullbeam owners state room on the fore lowerdeck has a flip down balcony, for an uninterrupted physical and emotional connection to the ocean while staying on board. The main saloons big windows make it the central indoor space for interaction, entertainment, lounging and dining. The generous sundeck is the place to stay during daytime; sunbathing, taking a dip in the jacuzzi, or following the captain from the observation seats. The integrated swimming platform functions as a private beach, that is directly connected to the toy storage on the aft lowerdeck and the aft maindeck. – "Torro" unites form, function and emotion into one unforgettable experience. .... :D

Attached Files:

17. wonderful designs. Astrofish is the best imo among all them. Something different at least. I don't like the name Torro and the wood apply i would change a little bit, but the rest is nice. You put orange and yellow, but those colors are strange for a yacht. Can you make a bigger version of the Astrofish? something to 50m streamlined flat...
  18. I would like to make another comment reviewing all designs. The best until now was Astrofish, Gorgeous and Torro in this order. Well, i would improve Gorgeous putting the roof amenities roof of Torro in Gorgeous, to have in Gorgeous 2 pools, but maybe you have to increase her a little bit. As i prefer those big dynamic side windows and wood applies of Gorgeous better, i would mix both. Actually i don't like much the pool behind on roof of Torro, the owner prefer bathing seeing the front see, it would be for me only a hot tube, but i understand the position because the wide fly-bridge in front. I prefer the bow pool of Gorgeous at all. And side windows of Gorgeous are much more dynamic and harmonic than those in Torro. Try to put reflective mirrored windows instead of black, it is more high-sophisticated imo. I read all other critic opinions, but if someone has enough money for a yacht, this person has money enough to find a way for mantainance, when in port, maybe a tender in water doing the work, inside is everytime possible, i don't know. For a designer this is not much important. Don't be cut off because those limits, you should be totally free for what you decide beeing in accordance what you feel affordable and fair for all. The rest, engineers can give an appropriate solution, and when has out of limit of money in game, it is really not important to be shy. Innovation is everytime welcome, my way of thinking. I didn't liked much the interiors you showed, seemed to me too confusion and jaguar leopard trashy old societies. Some elements like a lamp or the lighted-stairs was nice there, but too much color, too much wood and carpet, things i don't like at all. I would go more glassy-white-chrome clean only. For floor you can have shined ceramics or clear white-blue vains granits. Anyway, i appreciated all them a lot and keep doing on.
  19. atomare

atomare New Member

Thanks for your comments, MKM, - highly appreciated. - To some of them:
    Torro is indeed still in progress, ... the wood grain got a bit to extreme for my taste as well, I am developing the GA at the moment and will update the exterior later. I will also work on the interior then, but I am afraid, that you will not really like that one either, if you are more into the "glass, steel, white style", ... but if you pay for it, I can do that as well, :D lol. ... Yacht design and the interior design in particular are a very personal matter and strongly dependent on individual taste, ... so what I try to do is be as consistent and rigorous as possible in any given style briefing.

As for the orange and yellow hull and exterior elements, ... I agree that they are "strange" for a yacht, probably because orange is complementary to blue ... in my opinion "strange" isn´t necessarily bad though, it simply makes the element stand out stronger to its surroundings.

I also agree, that if you really want a particular function for a yacht, everything is possible (even on a budget, you just need the right solution.), ... the windows of gorgeous might get a little smaller in the process, but as long as the concept of the dynamic expression for interior and exterior remains, who cares? ... Those are all initial concepts, ... in which I believe one should try to capture the optimal vision of the projected yacht. If this concept is strong, there is a great chance, to end up with an exceptional result. .... And don´t worry, ... I need and embrace any feedback and opinion, .. but will draw my own conclusions. :p

However, function in any type of situation is the most basic and initially important foundation for a yacht (or any other product or building), otherwise you should better stay in port :D ... but that doesn´t mean it can´t be styled well. ... Henning keeps pointing the functionality out in this forum and I appreciate that very much, ... since as a designer my ultimate goal is to achieve perfection, fulfilling all requirements and demands, be it the owners` or the crews`, and put them into one unity that will make up a great vessel, ... pleasing owner, guests and crew alike. ... It´s ambitious, I know but you have to think big in your initial concepts to ultimately create something stunning. :p
  20. if all those tongues and laughts are for me, then maybe you understood me wrongly or miss-understood my positive suggestions. No problem staying in Port then. Sorry sinceresly for commenting in your yachts' desires' concepts. :confused: I am out your thread.