Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Anybody know what this box is?

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by Jrms80, Dec 3, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jrms80

Jrms80 Member

Capt J,

Amazing isn't it. Many boat owners don't understand or want to understand their motors. They know that it can reach a cruise rpm and it isn't overheating. Why fix something if it isn't broke? Maybe ignorant bliss works for them. At least he changed the oil regularly. One of the first things I did was buy the CAT manual for theses motors.

The risk buying any used boat is having to wonder how it and it's machinery room was cared for. You do your due diligence surveys and cross your fingers. It's always a risk. The good news is your are paying significant less than "new"retail for the boat. I could never afford one of these boats new.

Thanks for all your comments.
  2. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Why the attack on a new member posting for advice? This attitude is hardly making "lurkers" and new members feel comfortable posting anything!
    As for the "corrosion" in the bilge of Jrms80's Cabo...
    IF this comment was in relation to the thru hull fitting being green, then What a crock!
    In my engine room the same fittings have nice green hue. Does not mean they should be polished or that they are "corroded".
    As long as the taps can be worked open/closed with ease, there is nothing wrong with some verdigris. In the past I used to regularily polish the thru hull fittings on my boat, or spray them with vinegar solution. However there is no issue with the green patinas as long as the fitting is 100% in order. This is not corrosion, simply salt reacting with brass. The fittings are sprayed with Saltex and worked before every trip offshore.
  3. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

If you followed the thread, I did apologize for the corrosion comment.

There must be a global full moon or something else putting too many people on "edge" here.
  4. Ted Ziaylek

Ted Ziaylek New Member

It is a power supply for something.