Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Any Carver "C" Series Yacht Owner's Out There?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by babyc34, Feb 7, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. babyc34

babyc34 Member

Hey Nomad,

I'm still in the honeymoon phase. There is something about Carver Yachts that grows on you. The more I use it the more I like it! I am impressed with the way that it handles chop on the bay. It's a very stable boat. I have never needed to use the trim tabs. In my SkipJack I was constantly making adjustments in an effort to keep the thing level. The C34 rides like an old Cadillac, nice and smooth through minor chop and when the chop gets in the 3-4' range the C34 can get on top of it and continue to ride very comfortably. One of the shortcomings of the C34 is the lack of cabinets and refrigerator size so I'm having some cabinets built in the galley and another fridge/freezer installed in the cockpit which is an option. I've never been in one of the older Carvers so I don't know if any quality has been lost or gained in the interior materials. I know that they have switched from using wood laminates to what's called a foil finish. I would prefer the wood laminates over the foil. The real wood laminates with a high gloss finish are beautiful. The foil finish is definitely a step down but is very durable. You see the foil finish on less expensive cabinets. That is why I think the older boats are going to hold their value. Many of the builders are going with the newer Euro, clean and sterile look and away from the beautiful, warm look of real wood laminates. They are using a lot of interesting materials in creative ways but it's just in an effort to cut costs. I'm afraid that real wood laminates will only be used in the plus $m larger yachts. When I was looking at interior pictures of the C34 I thought they were using wood laminates with a satin finish but no such luck.

How's your baby doin?
  2. nomad69

nomad69 Member

We are having a great time so far. Just finished up a week on the boat getting everything ready for warm weather.

Our 1995 carver has cherry wood veneered plywood and solid cherry hardwood moldings.

Glad to hear your enjoying the new toy. Post some pics.
  3. babyc34

babyc34 Member

I'll upload mine if you upload pics of yours.

Attached Files:

• 242.jpg
      242.jpg
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views:
    • 240.jpg
      240.jpg
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
    • 241.jpg
      241.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
    • 252.jpg
      252.jpg
      File size:
      54.5 KB
      Views:
    • 156.jpg
      156.jpg
      File size:
      76.8 KB
      Views:
  4. nomad69

nomad69 Member

That is a great looking boat. We are still trying to modernize and decorate ours. I believe the admiral has approved the purchase of a new sofa in the near future. The old one is a little worn. The trick is trying to find one we like and will come through the door.

I will post a few pics. These are from last year right after we purchased her.

Forward and Aft Berths

Attached Files:

5. nomad69

nomad69 Member

a few more. The bad part about the sofa is, Its a sleeper and heavy.:eek:

Attached Files:

6. nomad69

nomad69 Member

This is the last batch. One of my favorite must haves is the shower.

Attached Files:

7. babyc34

babyc34 Member

The previous owner took very good care of her, she looks great! I love the real wood. I'm afraid not many new boats are going to have real wood anymore. How many hours on her when you took possession?
  8. nomad69

nomad69 Member

570 hours. We have put 10 hrs on her since the end of last October. The weather got cold right after we purchased her. We are looking forward to this summer.
  9. babyc34

babyc34 Member

The aft cabin design makes for a lot of room. I feel a bit small at 34' but not so much that I find myself wanting another 2'. My wife doesn't like boats so it's just me and the fish. How about you, are you happy with the size? Is that it for you or do you see yourself in a larger boat down the road?

Attached Files:

• 256.jpg
      256.jpg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
    • 257.jpg
      257.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views: