Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Furuno

Any Burger Updates?

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by olderboater, Feb 18, 2022.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

While we normally frown on marketing folks engaging the forums, Burger is a long time supporter of YF. Ron Cleveringa is not only one of the good guys in the industry, he’s also a naval architect that has worked at both Broward and Burger.

Glad you joined the conversation Ron. Only took you 15 years!
    captholli likes this.
  2. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Agreed. I'll vouch for Ron.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

He's done nothing improper and I welcome him as well. I do ask him if he can confirm whether they are greater than or less than 80' in length?

I fully respect NDA's as we have them on all boats we build. You'll never see a press release on one. However, I'd encourage him to share with Burger that there's a real interest, not in knowing specifics, but having an idea of the type work they're doing.

There are people here who will build and others who may influence builds. Anything we can gather that tells us if we wanted to build one of their new models or similar, that if we wanted an alternative to Heesen on larger boats, that if we wanted an alternative to all the production boats from 60-100', Burger would be a place to consider.

I can speak frankly and say, I would not be the first, but might consider being the second, just as my personal general rule. I don't count builds done 5 and 10 years ago. However, if I knew they'd just built a 66' MY like the one they show on their site, then I might consider one instead of a Sunseeker Manhattan 68, and if I knew they have built a 144' Tri-level as they show, I might consider it while also considering Westport and Heesen. So, share only what you can share publicly, but remind the people at Burger they need any publicity of builds they can share, without breaking NDA's, as until they share, most potential buyers are not considering them.

I know what Burger once could do and did do. I'd love to see evidence of what they can do today. I'd love to hear they'd started two builds of over 100' or two of 60-80'.

I think Ron was open or very easily seen as to his connection with Burger and I never have an issue with builders answering or clarifying questions. On another forum, there were questions about a Dutch Builder of small boats and the builder responded very professionally. Just Ron's brief post answered and gave me hope. Any further disclosure in answer to "any Burger updates?" will be most welcome. I started this thread hoping to learn something was going on and at least have learned that and it took under a week to do so. I guess I could have picked up the phone and made a call, but I hoped to learn and share as I did with YF members.
    FlyingGolfer and gr8trn like this.
  4. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

I just noticed an ad for a new 63' Burger sportfish; I guess it's the same Burger company... New build not in my league, but the pic is visually more appealing to us than what we have now...

-Chris
  5. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Not a bad looking boat but that bow is a little full for a sporty.
  6. MSD

MSD New Member

Derecktor - NY is still able to build yachts unfortunately no projects are in development at this time.
  7. jsschieff

jsschieff Senior Member

Was Derecktor ever able to find a buyer for the 150' custom yacht ordered by a conglomerate CEO who eventually landed in the clink? I recall seeing ads for it, about 40% or 50% built, for years. It looked like an attractive yacht, no idea why no one picked it up for cheap.