Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay

Amevi Renderings

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Apache2k, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

@michaelpowell:
    Exactly what i wanted to say, but..
    Cinema 4d core version is not that expensive if you compare to other mainstream software, but you can burn alot of money if you go to all modules. (only one is needed for rendering better images)

Im doing modeling now for over 15 years so modeling is not that difficult for me, but building one from skrach as scale model is. Got the materials and plans. Just need time and skills.

Meantime started modeling the next Oceanco beauty Alfa Nero.
  2. Designova

Designova New Member

Look forward to seeing Alfa Nero. "designed to cut through the other wedding cakes in the Med." Not my words. :)
  3. steff9934

steff9934 New Member

amevi rendering

Hi apache ,

My name is stephane, I'm a game player of virtual sailor , and I'm fan of your Amevi rendering ,it's fantastic job !Do you think it's possible to you to send me this rendering in 3D MAX , It's just to convert it in format .X , to integrate Amevi in the game .
    I've do it with Pelorus , Octopus ,Lady christina, Alfa Nero and Tattoosh .

Thanks ,

Stephane from Montpellier.

stephanelafite AT wanadoo DOT fr
  4. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

So.. Anyone need a new yacht modeling/rendering? Would be nice to do some more rendering now that i got some time to kill with my hobby :)
  5. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

By the way; one of these images (my rendering of the yacht) has been printed in the quick start manual of the software i used to render/model this yacht. ( Paper and pdf versions) :) I was very very happy to see it there. With permission from Oceanco.
  6. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

Wow. Its been 9 years since my last update.
    Maybe some update. The project was ready and collecting dust for a long time but it was still in my mind.
    So about some years ago wen to a company that sells rendering/modeling software and it was the same I used to model this beauty. So I did a quick re render of it. Sure its is a beauty.

Then just a while ago got my second 3d printer and guess what. Just found the 3d model I did convert ages ago opened it in blender and started to make it printable.

So this beauty is soon to be touchable. I'm so exited. So here are some images of the renders and the first 3d printed parts.
    render1.jpg amevi1-01.jpeg IMG_20230317_150119-01.jpeg IMG_20230317_224442-03.jpeg 2023-03-16 13_37_03-Window.png
    She will be over 60cm long when ready.
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Oh wow... can't wait to see the finished product.
    Capt Ralph likes this.
  8. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

IMG_20230318_170344-02.jpeg IMG_20230318_170334-01.jpeg
    There is the second part of the hull attached to the first. Needs lots of sanding and priming and painting.
  9. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

IMG_20230319_233847-01.jpeg IMG_20230319_233837-01.jpeg IMG_20230319_233901-01.jpeg IMG_20230319_233823-01.jpeg
    Some update.
    First the filament is not the best color for fotos so I had to adjust the pictures a bit. But hey this ain't a photo gallery right?
    The model is lose so I won't glue it yet. Want to first prime and add windows. Then glue sections.
    Its now 4 parts and 35cm 2 more to come.
    The floors I decided to make each separate. Could have printed stacked 3 or 4 floors at once but still thinking to decorate and the model isn't also very good for all floors at once print.
    I'm still very optimistic.
    Yacht News likes this.
  10. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

By the way I'm sorry, I won't update any more pictures. I just did remember that this is rendering forum. Not scale model. I'll inform a new location soon where you may check progress.
  11. Yacht News

While you are right, I don't think it is a big issue, maybe you should continue posting here and then when you are done, we could possibly move the whole thread to the right location under a dedicated/appropriate thread. @YachtForums what you think?
    Apache2k likes this.
  12. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Renders, deckmodels and such all fall into the same category. This thread has received 15,000 views. It seems there is interest in Apache's work here. :)
    Apache2k likes this.
  13. Urbsey

Urbsey Member

Hey Apache2k,

what material and 3D printer do you use? What are the calculated dimensions of the finished model? :)
  14. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

If its OK with the rules. Why not.
  15. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

The printer is a very budged Flashforge creator Pro 2 printer.
    I use Pla ONLY. Have a 7 months old son and don't want him inhale toxic stuff.
    That's why this lady is in so many slices. Small print area and speed.
    Second reason for so many cuts is that I want to keep the print time under 12 hours. Doesn't feel nice to go to sleep in the same house while there is 200 degrees melting plastic machinery. I don't have fancy stuff to monitor it and this printer is slow.
    A better printer would do a faster bigger and nicer print but this is just a hobby. After painting all small mistakes will be gone.

I just did take dimensions. Right now it's 51cm and missing 17cm so it's going to be 68cm long under 12 cm wide. Height not sure yet as there are parts that my printer maybe won't print.
  16. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

Ok then. Here is the new update.
    Still keeping parts with the help of tape. The parts have connectors but they won't hold it without glue.
    She is now 51cm and missing yet 17cm. The "back" is the most complicated.
    IMG_20230320_230450-01.jpeg IMG_20230320_225749-01.jpeg IMG_20230320_225740-01.jpeg IMG_20230320_225939-01.jpeg IMG_20230320_204944-01.jpeg
    Yacht News likes this.
  17. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

Very interesting, I just did notice that she has a new name and pants. The name Aalto means in Finnish wave like in ocean waves.
    Now I have to rethink my painting options.

I think ill go with white hull.
    What do you people think?
  18. Yacht News

19. Urbsey

Urbsey Member

Oh nice. Will you post some CAD model files or .stl's after the finish or it will be for internal use only? I have even smaller than yours, Prusa Mini+ that mostly works on PETG, and would print it in a bit more shrunken dimensions.
  20. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

Most propably I won't but not sure yet.
    I have spent like 6 months or so to build it and the model is/was actually on sale. Sure not with stl.

But let's see. If I will, I sure will it inform here.
    Urbsey likes this.