Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Delta

Aluminum Boat Hull Blisters

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by gooddeal, Apr 16, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Shay sounds like a young kid, ready and near eager for the abuse that owning a boat has to offer.
    If she steps up to the plate, we may have another hard working yacht owner to contend with here.

Good, maybe,, maybe,,, some new blood that may appreciate my crappy humor..:p:p
    Shay and chesapeake46 like this.
  2. Shay

Shay New Member

well, I'm still looking for my baby to baby and enjoy lol I envy you guys for having found "the one" boat that keeps you happy year after year. I looked at starting with a "starter boat" but the process of buying a boat sucks so bad, I decided to go for what I really want now. It's just so sad to me that brokers use old pictures and describe something 10 years old as "new". It's worse than the old horse traders that would die the horse's hair and paint their teeth lol
  3. Shay

Shay New Member

Not so young, lol. But I do appreciate the help and the humor. This buying process has been one disappointment after another. =-(
  4. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

I bought aged, aluminum, classic lines. I don't regret it for a moment.
    I shared many of these same thoughts. I bought aged, aluminum, classic lines. I don't regret it for a moment. Yes, you have to be proactive in your care and rehab. Aluminum is actually quite easy to manage. It's everything else aboard that caused me the most concern and investment to refit. The aluminum is simple.
  5. Zkaliman1

Zkaliman1 New Member

Capitan shay,

out of curiosity what boats do you have ?

that Hatt cmy you mention in northern florida still around ?
  6. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Been there done it; also many years ago. Owner died, kept in touch with previously divorced wife for many years but we were never able to find what happened to the Striker. Ran across what appeared to be an extremely well maintained one when shopping but came to my senses and took a pass on the aluminum.
    Wee Marie (my canal).jpg

Captain Ron.jpg
    Second Place Blue.jpg