Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Delta

44 Roamer in Chicago - FYI

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Mark King, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Mark King

Mark King New Member

Went to Chicago on the weekend to view the 44 that is for sale at Pier 11 Marina. This boat needs to be mostly gutted and rebuilt. If someone close by the area has the facilities and the will they could have a good boat. The hull is too far gone on the port side under and beside the engine for me to risk shipping to Canada. The marina is asking $5,000 but I belive they will take less at this point to get it out of their yard. If it doesn't sell, it may be scrapped.
  2. lthueme

lthueme New Member

My husband and I bought this boat about a month ago and had it trucked to Detroit. Yes, it has quite a few holes in the hull. We are now scraping the hull from the inside out. We have removed as much of the flooring as possible in the aft cabin to start. We expect this could easily be a couple or three years before it sees the water again. This is not our first project boat, so we know what we are up against. This is the first steel boat though. If anyone has any suggestions on replating the bottom we are open to any and all suggestions. It was shrinkwrapped this weekend so at least no more water will get inside.