Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Burger

37' Riviera Freshwater sinker, Refurb.

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Kiwipushrod, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

A few more pictures of the Stargazer.

startrojan 001 (Small).jpg

startrojan 002 (Small).jpg

startrojan 003 (Small).jpg

startrojan 004 (Small).jpg

startrojan 005 (Small).jpg
  2. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Any findshed pics of the Trojan?
  3. Henning

Henning Senior Member

That my friend is a warning sign that you are dealing with a project where people didn't know, or would not commit to doing a job properly. If they do not care to do the hull properly, what else have they done half a-ed? Right there is where I walk away from it unless I'm taking it as a complete project to strip down and redo. Basically the only time I take on stuff like that is when I'm being payed, or at least given the boat to get it out of a marina operators slip that they are losing revenue on. Rarely do these projects have much value to them, and it has to be something rare and of high value when completed, or something I'd want to keep for the rest of my life.
  4. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Mr. Henning, Your post is Understood.

I've made many mistakes in My life, but I don't consider the puchase of the Seafarer to be one of them.:D

You also have to realize that between Myself and Mike, We have enough eqiupment (And I'd like to think Skills) to REPLATE this boat from the bootstripe down, with no outside help.

To ScotL: Yes I have before and after pics of the Trojan. I've been sifting thru 100's of boat pics from the last 7 years and will get them up soon.

Thanks, Kiwi
  5. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

When I found the F-30 I had actually been looking for an F-32, which is a boat I'm very partial to, because of the classic flybridge lines. The problem was I could'nt find an F-32 that did'nt need deck/gunwhale recoreing and that's something I dont like to do anymore. So I settled for an F-30 sinker, with 2 non pickled 318's and rotten engine stringers instead.

Here are a few pics before and during My refurb, they dont show how bad it really was. They were taken after a lot of cleanup with the hotsy/steamjenny.

MVC-005F (Small).JPG

MVC-009F (Small).JPG

MVC-006F (Small).JPG

Both inboard motor stringers were shot.
    MVC-007F (Small).JPG

MVC-012F (Small).JPG

After pics soon, Kiwi
  6. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Here are a few after and during.

100_2589 (Small).JPG

What, You're expecting granite? Ya gotta love the fridge doors and latchs.

100_2591 (Small).JPG

100_2592 (Small).JPG

100_2596 (Small).JPG

100_2599 (Small).JPG
  7. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

A couple more.

Without wheel and railing, it was 13' 11" on the trailer.
    100_2585 (Small).JPG

Here I am installing some fresh iron, the starboard motor needed a crank cut and shells, bored cyls, pistons and a simple valve job. In the port motor I kept the sunken shortblock as it was except for seals. The heads were junk except for the castings. Believe it or not, the B&W Velvetdrives never had any water intrusion after a about 4 days underwater, I changed the oil in them and ran em, no problems.

MVC-013F (Small).JPG

Copy (2) of MVC-019S (Small).JPG

I miss that boat, Kiwi
  8. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Back to Roamers. Here's a peek at the Seafarer, from a few days ago.

We pulled the 427's out, We did fire them up, within 24hrs of pulling Her up from 63' of Tennesee river, (Kentucky Lake) water and mud, some 7 years ago. They were well oiled and still roll. I'll be tearing them down soon.

IMG_0214 (Small).jpg

IMG_0215 (Small).jpg

After removing several thousand pounds of mud and some hotsy work, it dont look to bad?
    IMG_0204 (Small).jpg

The engine room is gutted and the complete cockpit deck, has been removed. Under that cloud of steam, is Mike....He's the only one who can fit into the fishing waders:D

IMG_0219 (Small).jpg

Can You follow this? Kiwi
  9. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member