Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

1991 4207 aft. Cabin

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Fishsail, Mar 28, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Fishsail

Fishsail New Member

Yes insurance is tricky to find these days. Seems like everyone wants to bundle a package for you? We don’t own a home or a car so that’s not happening. State Farm will insure us at a reasonable rate however I haven’t heard many good things about them.
  2. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

You can get pre purchase quotes from insurance brokers or direct agents for the boars you are looking at.
    Seems you are hot for the Chris Craft 427. I would shop around now, before I give up the cash to make sure you can get it insurance on it. Even if the boat has a clean survey, the age of the boat can disqualify it from some companies.
    The boats you mentioned are in that age bracket.

My vessel , pictured in my avatar ? , lol ..well above my name has Detroit 471s. They’ve been very good to me, not to loud , Smokey , etc. The engine hours are un known. Meters were broken when I bought it, seven years ago. And they still don’t work.
    That being said , I’m my own mechanic, and just completed a starboard in frame overhaul this winter with a DD friend to help with some technical steps for $10k.
    And had no problems getting parts.
    I’ve grown up around Detroits , it’s what I know, my comfort zone. I really wouldn’t want a boat with a different power package, I’m not very interested in learning the ins and outs of a new motor manufacturer. Although a lower Hp 3208 would be ok…

Not sure what engines you are familiar with ? Anyway keep us posted , get an insurance quote before you buy and good luck. You’ll find something that fits.
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

I have StateFarm.
    Never had to file a claim , but with my old boat 1981, I don’t have many to choose from that will insure me any more. State Farm was rather easy for me. My boat is not insured for that much.