Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

1985 Silverton 40C

Discussion in 'Silverton Yacht' started by Sheryl Ross, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sheryl Ross

Sheryl Ross New Member

We recently purchased a 1985 Silverton 40C and are looking for a site that sells parts - a railing is our first need. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
  2. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

4. John M. Grace

John M. Grace New Member

Cn anyone give me some pros or cons on the Silverton 2001 453? looking for cruising the Puget Sound area to AK
  5. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

The first things that comes to mind is tender, how stable is she when you board her, does she budge an inch or not? With the double cabin layout and aft deck and flybridge enclosed, that is just too much windage for my tastes.

I would look at a Bayliner 4788 Pilothouse, a Navigator 48 or a Silverton 45C as an alternative from a purely ride/seakeeping rational.
  6. John M. Grace

John M. Grace New Member

Thanks for the info. Just sold my 300 Chaparral that was really a lake boat we used in the San Juans and now looking for something to do longer outings
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Isn’t the 453 that oddball design where you have to climb up to the FB to go from the aftvdeck to the foredeck?

Impractical for line handling... you d better have good knees to go up and down and up and down and up and down and...

If you re going to use the boat as a floating condo that’s fine otherwise look for a conventional aft cabin
  8. John M. Grace

John M. Grace New Member

Thanks for the input and yes it is the design I was wondering about who may have them and how they like it. I have a few good years left that I want to enjoy boating and really out of my league trying to figure out what I want in the next boat. The last one I bought new and had for 19 boating seasons with no major issues. I don't want a problem boat. Trying to stay under 200k. I have looked at a lot of boats and the pictures always look much better.