Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Cross

New 1969 Pacemaker owner

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by sacthesquid, Aug 3, 2013.

1. sacthesquid

sacthesquid New Member

Hello everyone, I am the proud new owner of a 1969 Pacemaker motor yacht. I think Proud is the right word. I aquired her from a friend that is leaving the area (Navy) and it's not going with him, so it landed in my lap.
    All the bones are there and it looks to be in pretty solid shape...for now.
    Looking for a few Pacemaker owners, or some wooden boat experts to help me along with the restoration...
    I'm very happy to be here and ready to hear all the good, and bad things that are going to come with this project.

Attached Files:

• 000.jpg
      000.jpg
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    • 00.jpg
      00.jpg
      File size:
      52.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
    • 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I do find several chuckles in her name; Woodpile.
    Congrads to your new ship. Cruise well and safe.
    Keep us up on your efforts with pictures.
  3. sacthesquid

sacthesquid New Member

hahahaaaa....When a friend hands you over a boat named "Woodpile", it doesn't scream confidence. I giggled a little bit too.
    I will be updating as I go with pics, and questions of course. I have stepped up from a Carver Santego 27' to this monster....hope I'm ready.
  4. ktbaker

ktbaker New Member

Nice Yacht and Great place to hang out on the water

Looks like a pretty good candidate for a project boat. My hat is off to you, as tackling a wonderful old woodie can be a daunting task.
    I use to sail on the bay on a westerly 32’ for years. Some of the best moments of my life.

Enjoy.
  5. sacthesquid

sacthesquid New Member

Appreciate the comment...As soon as I saw it, I knew it was my new passion. As far as a daunting task, I completely agree. I have crawled every inch of this old girl in the last week and have seen many future headaches already. I finally have the time and funding to make her what she deserves to be. I simply can't, in good concious, let her rot away. This boat deserves to be cruising the bay slow and proud.
    Thanks for the encouraging words, and look for her on the bay in the years to come!
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

When I was brave enough (spelled Foolish) I worked on a lot of old Owens, Chris & Pacemakers. You really need to follow the rain water path from any suspect deck leak. Really go over the bow stem and transom corners with open eyes and a pic.

If I were a rain drop, where could I get into this boat....

If I had the time and money (NO TIME OR MONEY here), I'd love to get back on an ole woodie. Better ride and very quiet vs a plastic boat.

Send more pics on what ya find and smiles from the cruises.

,rc
  7. sacthesquid

sacthesquid New Member

So I was able to get started on a few things already...Imagining myself as a rain drop is exhausting, lol.
    Also decided on starting some inside projects for when the weather isn't cooperating.

Attached Files: