Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta

Anyone know of any excellent turkish yachts?

Discussion in 'Sunrise Yacht' started by theyachtman, Jan 11, 2009.

1. orion

orion Senior Member

2. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

Ok, a few more names came to me; I believe these are built in Turkey by Turkish companies:

1. Ada Boatyard
    2. Algomar
    3. Ares Yachts
    4. Bromar Yachts/ Yatcilik
    5. Cobra Yachting
    6. CMB Yachts /Yatcilik
    7. Enma Marine
    8. Evadne Yachts
    9. Gorbon Yachts
    10. Lahur Marine
    11. Logos Marine
    12. Mastori Yachts (This might be out of your price range)
    13. MAT
    14. Orion Yatcilik
    15. Safter Marin
    16. Sirena Marine
    17. Vanelli Yachts

I did not check their websites, but I'm sure you could find something to your liking. I heard that one of the builders in the first list I gave you has orders until 2011. But other ones are going to suffer quite a bit so prices will be to your advantage.

For your information, the GBP is fluctuating between 2.30 and 2.35 Liras at the moment.

The Istanbul show will be between 13-22 February.

Regards,
    VIVARIVA
  3. eka

eka New Member

Boatbuilding in Turkey has showed a quite impressive devolopment in the last couple of years. Well, it wouldn't be fair to say that the technologies used during production are at the high tech class, however quality of Turkish yachts is more than satisfying. You get what you pay for, that's for sure.
    I believe everybody is already aware of the financial advantages of having your yacht built in Turkey. Since the labor costs are a lot reasonable compared to europe, this definitely lowers your final bill.
    Shipyards that are suggested in this topic are well known builders in Turkey but most of them builds yachts over 30 meters.

I am a naval architect & marine engineer from Antalya, Turkey so please feel free if you'll have more questions.
  4. theyachtman

theyachtman New Member

It's been a while since I posted in this thread.

I thanks everyone that has posted here. There's lot's of very useful information here. I went to the London Boat show and it's been about 2 weeks since the show ended and in that time I have looked over many of the brochures that I picked up at the show.

I decided as this is going to be my first boat I would keep my budget to £450,000 ex VAT. Ideally I would like to pay a lot less. I would buy a used boat that is no older than 6 years old.

Probably the best boat I saw at the show was the Rodman muse 44 which is built by a Spanish company. This is good as I could get it delivered to my holiday home in Spain. This boat was a flybridge at 44 feet. With twin Volvo IPS 500 engines. The price was £413,000 ex VAT and £20,000 for delivery. So £433,000. It had 3 cabins, 2 heads. and the saloons dinette could be made into a double berth. Loads of head room, looked good both inside and out and had a nice finish to it.

Then I got the brochure for the beneteau and took a look through it, I am not sure if I remember seeing the beneteau range. I had seen so many boats. It get's quite confusing. But from the reading the brochure and looking at the price list. I really like these boats especially the beneteau antares 13.80m which is pretty much same spec as the rodman minus the volvo IPS. But not as nice looking but far cheaper at £305,000 ex VAT. and the beneteau antares 12 flybride sport with minus 1 cabin from the above specs but at £270,000 ex VAT including the same Volvo IPS as the Rodman.

Then I looked at Nordwest 42 fly

Sea ranger 43AD aft cabin cruiser which was a really well designed boat. £379,000 ex VAT. But just 2 cabins 2 ensuite heads.

Then I looked at pearl motor yachts unfortunately they only had the new 60ft on show which was £895,000 not something that I can afford. They said they had a 3 year old 100 engine hour used pearl 55 which was £550,000 again I cannot afford that but that was absolutely incredible looking. With so much amazing space. But a new one would cost me £700,000.

I looked at some of the pershing boats, again out of my price range. Then the cessa I think that's how you spell it. They were in my price range and cranchi. But the ones on show were more of those sports cruisers with top that's opens like a convertible. I prefer flybridges. I then found a broker who is starting to sell galeons which are made by some polish company that have been around for about 11 years. Now these were really good value for money boats but I don't know much about them, it would be nice if anyone with any experience can tell me about them?

Apart from the pearl, cranchi, galeon, cessa. All the others ones were simply the ones that I could really afford. But this is what I don't understand. The rodman muse 44 is £413,000 ex VAT but there 54 feet is nearly a million pounds. I don't understand why for just 10ft more you pay that much extra? If you calculate 44 feet divided by 4 that's 11ft. Then you calculate that by the price of £413,000 you come to around £103,000. Shouldn't that then be the price you pay for the extra 10ft instead of paying like £500,000 for the extra 10 feet more in the Rodman 54?

Now if anyone knows of any 50-60 ft flybridges or convertible open top sports cruisers, aft cabin cruisers. That I can get new or used max 6 years old for under £500,000 ex VAT then please share with me?

Many thanks in advance
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That Rodman 44 is a nice looking boat. My only real concerns would be: 1) It's a new company and at a time when yards all over are in financial trouble will they be there for you a few years down the line. 2) How are they fitting 3 staterooms and 3 heads into a 44? I saw the pics and it looks nice, but check the size of everything (bunks, chairs, counters, showers,etc.). 3) There is a huge inventory of used boats for sale right now and prices are way down. You might find a better deal there. This is a very good market for boat buying if you can keep from getting overwhelmed by the choices and deals. Enjoy and good luck.
  6. theyachtman

theyachtman New Member

Many thanks for your reply

But Rodman are not a new company. They have been around for just over 50 years. They are Spanish. Their boats are sold mainly in Europe and can be found in America as well. I went on board the muse 44 and it's really amazing. There is 1 state room and two twin cabins. (two single beds) There are filler cusions as an extra you can get to make them into double beds. There are 2 heads, one ensuite. The saloon dinette becomes another berth for 2. There is quite a roomy kitchen on board. for a 44 I found it to have loads of room and the flybridge was massive for a boat of this size.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

My mistake, being unfamiliar with these I must have misread something. That's what happens when you mess with the computer while watching the Superbowl.:eek:
  8. nilo

nilo Senior Member

size comparison of ships and boatts

the length is not the parameter to compare boats, rather the volume. a 55 footer will have double the volume of a 44 footer, therefore the price will vary so much.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I consider the difference between 46' & 50' to be the biggest 4' in boating. Beyond the volume gained, in most cases there is a big difference in handling and the number of available slips shrink drastically.
  10. theyachtman

theyachtman New Member

Oh yes that was something I knew but didn't mention. With a flybridge the extra 10 feet can be a lot as you have to include each deck. But I can't believe a a 55 footer will have double the volume of a 44 footer. I have been on a 55 ft pearl and it was quite a roomy boat but not that much bigger than the rodman muse 44 ft. Well the nice thing about the pearl 55 is the fact that you get extra room on the flybridge, you get 1 extra cabin and head. More room on the back of the boat for outside dining, you get an actual kitchen. Apart from that the Rodman is far cheaper and has really used the space on this 44 to such an advantage. You get one you really need on a smaller more affordable boat than having all that extras on the pearl that you may never use. Still do you guys know of any 50-60ft boats new or used under £450,000 ex VAT?

Many thanks in advance
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Other than a few brokers here and a few special boats you're really on the wrong site for this question. Have you tried checking with some brokers or on one of the several boats for sale type sites?
  12. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

I definitely agree. Did you try Y....World or google in general?

If you are looking for other brands as well, maybe you would like to post in a more relevant thread.

Good luck
  13. theyachtman

theyachtman New Member

thanks for your replies guys

vivariva, I have tried google and y..world and found many search results but nothing of what I'm looking for in my price range. Of course there are so many hundreds of listing and I haven't seen anything specific which is why I was asking you guys for any recommendations.

Basically what it comes really down to is I would like to get a flybridge either 44ft+ that looks modern like a Rodman muse 44 with 6 berths in 1 stateroom and 2 twin cabins and 2 heads (1 ensuite). A saloon/dinette that converts into a double berth. With volvo IPS engine as an option. Ideally I would prefer 50-60 ft if I can get one new or used under £450,000 otherwise for a flybridge up to 45ft with the above specs I would like to pay under £300,000 like the beneteau which I can get for that price. Do you know of any other boat builders in this price range?

Many thanks in advance
  14. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Have you tried googling under houseboat or houseyacht. That's said semi-tongue in cheek because there really are just too many to cover here. Just google under boat, yacht, 4 sale, brokers, etc. etc. and try to narrow your search based on they way you intend to use it and your needs. You'll come up with thousands of leads.
  15. theyachtman

theyachtman New Member

Hi NYCAP123,

I have tried all those searches but the problem is the hundreds of listings you get. It's pretty much all the same to me. I have looked through thousands over these last few months. All the listings are pretty much the same. I posted here hoping someone could give me a list of builders where I can get good value for money staying within my budget. As well as getting used boats within my budget. From all their listings it's just way too much work to filter the lists to my liking. If you guys know of any builders that are more specific to my tastes then I would love to know them.

I have been looking at riviera, searay, nord west, rodman,

I thought bayliner made flybridge yachts? I can't seem to find any.
  16. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Bayliner used to have yachts up to I believe 52' with the flybridge starting at about 34'. You may find some in the used boat market. Since Brunswick took them over though they've discontinued anything that would compete with their Sea Ray brand. Bayliner tends to be a starter boat; not the highest quality. Once you get over 30' you're generally dealing with a more discerning clientele.
    What I suggest a person do is 1) determine their budget and then their real budget. (You're sure to spend more than you plan to.) 2) determine the type of cruising they intend to do (You don't need a 60'Viking for Sundays swimming on the lake). 3) What are the must have features? 4) Based on that determine the style they like.
    Now it looks like that is the point where you are at. 5) Decide if they prefer new or pre-owned and the size range.( unless you're one of these people that only buys new things or custom I always recommend pre-owned over 30' because they are so discounted and have generally gotten very little use). If you're considering say 35' to 40' I'd say go 40' because you'll be going there within 3 years probably and you might as well save a commission. 6) Once you cross 35' seriously consider diesel power. I will last a few lifetimes and the money comes back at resale.
    Now you've got your parameters and it's time to choose a brand, and this is where the Forum can help you. There is a ton of talk here about various makes and models. Do some research here and elsewhere about the different makes. Once you've narrowed it down to a few start asking for opinions and especially gripes. 7) At this point you should have it down to just a few boats and it's time to shop.
    In this economy, if a boat's asking price is within 150% of your budget investigate it. Go to see it and start feeling out the seller. Don't be afraid to give an insulting offer of even 50%. The worst he can do is say no and maybe curse you out a bit. You can always come back higher. No matter how good the boat I would not go higher than 80 or 90% of the asking price. There's just too much inventory. Finally, make all offers subject to a satisfactory sea trial and survey. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  17. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i dont 'understand...
    go to Yacht World, click on advanced search, select Motoryachts, 45 to 60', 2002 and up, between 100 and 400k (UKP), two engines, fiberglass, in the UK, SPain, France, Italy and Greece and you will have a nice selection of 300 boats or so, ranging from Azimut, Princess, Sunseeker, etc...

why is that so hard?
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

When I was a kid we bought Birds Eye frozen foods, Swansons TV dinners, Wise potato chips, etc. It was simple you took that or (in later years) the store brand. Now there's 50 brands of each and I usually buy none. My wife asked me to pick up orange juice the other day. Holy cow, I couldn't find just regular old orange juice amongst the 1/2 aisle of mango/tangerine/calciumfortified/no pulp/it washes your car and makes you regular/juices. Too many choices can be overwhelming. Not sure what's worse to few choices or too many.
  19. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

Bayliner yachts now Meridian

Brunswick did discontinue or should I say changed the name of the Bayliner boats over 34' to Meridian. Most Meridians are new or modified Bayliner designs with the Meridian name. The Meridian (Bayliner) 52' and 56' are still around. You should be able to get a good deal on a Meridian, but not sure if they have much of a European dealer network, as Brunswick is trying to hold on. It seems like Brunswick is closing another plant every week.:(