Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn

Abeking & Rasmussen Yachts

Discussion in 'Abeking & Rasmussen Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

81m "Kibo" was delivered recently as scheduled and left the shipyard already.
  2. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Kibo was featured in a magazine recently. She has a nice interior but unfortunately no layouts were displayed.
  3. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Kibo has to be one of the biggest yachts (excluding royal ones) without a jacuzzi/swimming pool.
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

News is that a substantial extension of the shipyards facilites is in the process of planning! Once they get the administrative approval A&R will purchase parts of the the nearby Weser-Yacht-Club, a small marina. As part of the deal some berths will be relocated.

They expand then shed F within the next 2 years so A&R is capable of building 90m + yachts.
    Possible that they intend to enter the 100m+ market with this facility expansion like other northern European shipyards did recently (OceAnco, Feadship) upon growing demand for these yachts.

Altough I do not know the exact dimensions of the propsed expanded shed as yet.

A photo of the shipyard and the marina on the left side..

Attached Files:

5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A&R thinks they cannot be left behind by OceAnco, Feadship who build in their size bracket.
  6. Yacht News

There is also a safety video for the A&R "Kibo".

7. Yacht News

You get to see a few glimpses of the interior of "Kibo"
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Thanks for the link! The interior is quite nice and contemporary, typical Terence Disdale style. Looks like the 'like' button was removed?
  9. Yacht News

Yeah definitely you can tell it is Disdale. It's interesting how some designers really have a signature look on the interior or exterior... like Disdale, RWD, Bannenberg Rowell, Art-Line... Alberto Pinto, you cannot mistake these interiors for anything else.
  10. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

They have launched Kibos sister "Dartwo".
  11. Yacht News

A&R has a 90+ meter project in build.. hull 6501 which is somewhere around 98-meters LOA for delivery in 2017?
  12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I know BI listed 98m project in their Global Orderbook. However their numbers have not been always correct. I heard it would be a 105m project. I am not 100% shure on that though.
    If 98m or 105 m this project is the reason why A&R are expanding their facilities.
  13. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Attached my results of today's visit to Bremen. Abeking Yacht Dartwo, still covert with plenty of protective material. Nice looking boat.
    IMG_020_AB.jpg IMG_012_AB.jpg IMG_021_AB.jpg IMG_022_AB.jpg
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Thank you for your photos. Did A&R by now begin to put their expansion proposal into action?
  15. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Yes, work is in progress. The sheet pile walls have been set and dredging is presently being done in the remaining yacht harbour. The yacht club will be able to bring out their floating jetties and yacht harbour operation will not be hampered by the construction work. The extension of the syncro lift could not be seen from my position. A&R Extension.jpg
  16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Does someone know which of the projects is designed by Espen Oeino? The 72m or 98m+ project?
  17. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

More details from the extension of the yard and more pictures of Dartwo. In my humble English, I would write her name DartTwo, does have Dartwo a different meaning?

IMG_0034AB.JPG
    IMG_0036AB.JPG
    IMG_0039AB.JPG
    High Power III again at Fassmer. Must have liked her last stay.

IMG_0041Fas.JPG IMG_0042Fas.JPG
    They were just turning her around and bring her back to the quay
  18. Yacht News

"Dartwo" on trials?

19. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Looks like Dartwo is ready for delivery

Abeking.JPG
  20. Yacht News

Protective blue tape off the superstructure walls...now. The rails still tape up though. Can't tell if the German flag has been removed from the stern pole in the above pic.