Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Westport

Yachting Screensavers

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by revdcs, Dec 3, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Hi Guys (and Gals!),

Carl has been doing a splendid job providing us with first class pictures for our desktops - thanks Carl. But what about screensavers? Anyone know of any good ones to download?

I'll start the ball rolling with this link to the Nordhavn site and their choice of three...

http://www.nordhavn.com/download_nordhavn/screensaver.php4

Best wishes,

David.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think you can use all of YachtForums desktop pictures in your screensaver?
  3. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

You are right Lars - but I was thinking more along the lines of 'ready to use' screensavers - it makes life easier for those who have busy lives. :)
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Or you buy a Mac with Iphoto installed. I can run all of my 12.000 pictures in a constant flow on the screen by tapping a button....:) and yes, with random music if I so wish. But that is a little too much for me...
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

David,

I was planning to intro the wallpapers along with the screensaver option a little later in the month, but it's not complete yet.

So far, I've uploaded 250 different images, multiplied by three different sizes (plus the display image), for a total of over 1000 uploads. This has been quite an undertaking because most of the images had to be Photo-Shopped to become wallpaper friendly. This includes adding backgrounds or filler to meet minimum size requirements. It's a time intensive procedure, but I'm proud to say we have a collection of the most dynamic images in yachting.

RE: Screensavers... there are several free screensaver programs available. I haven't spent any time researching 'em, but there's a ridiculously easy download from Google, called the Google Updater. This is what I use. It provides several screen viewing options, such as Pan & Zoom, Wipe, Fade and Collage. You can also select the number of seconds to display an image. If someone has something better, post it!

No matter what program you use, you should select and save your favorite wallpapers to a file. Start by going to the front page of YF, click on the builders of your choice, then select the wallpapers that give you the biggest smile. Next, click on the size that fits your monitor to open the full size image. Then, right click over the image and save it to the file you set up earlier. This will be the target file for your screensaver software. From here, it is easy to add or delete images that will be displayed by the screensaver.

And finally... the wallpaper project was suppose to go live in the summer of 2007 but I continued to postpone it because it was a HUGE project. Lots of coding, lots of P-Chop. So far, I have about 250-300 hours into this. Doing the math, that's about one hour for every wallpaper. Ouch! :eek:
  6. coismov

coismov Member

There is a screensaver available from the Sunseeker website. You have to click "downloads" at the bottom right corner of the site.
  7. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I usually go for the simplest to keep my computer as clean as possible with fewest extra applications running. That being said, Windows has a screen saver option of it's own called "My Pictures". All I need to do is save all the images I like into a Folder, set that Folder as the place for the program to get it's media and voila... all the yachts I want on my screen.
  8. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Thanks Carl, Kevin and Lars - I have a couple of screensavers set up using some of my own pictures and can easily do the same with the images that Carl is posting. Thanks too for your advice - it's good to know what other screensaver 'engines' are available.

It just occurs to me that manufacturer's wishing to sell their wares often go to considerable trouble and expense to create glossy screensavers to pass on to customers, sometimes using images that are not generally available.

I didn't wish to take away from all of Carl's hard work (sorry Carl!) - I just wondered if members would know what else is avaiable out there, without having to spend hours searching the web.

Best wishes,

David.

PS - Thanks Cosimov for the Sunseeker site!
  9. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

My port is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    Yact Photo

I am looking for a shot of the Horizon Legend 76, illustrated with a blue hull.

Anything out there?

Thanks, Don
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  10. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Not exactly wallpaper, but a photo nevertheless. Is this the one your thinking of buying?.

Attached Files:

11. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

Thanks for the shot...I was hoping to see this style of boat underway to get an idea of how she runs....

Cheers..
  12. ZaNiaC

ZaNiaC New Member

Wow! Nice boat! What is she?

Steve
    Toronto
  13. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

President Yachts

Actually the boat you are looking at is an older style. The new design is way better, more modern lines. Have a look at their web site. The one with the Canadian flag is the boat I have been working on....Cheers..
  14. Here is a picture of another President Legend, this one is a 63' and is in YachtForums classifieds currently.

Attached Files:

15. Brian

Brian Senior Member

The Memor Esto?
    Given the flag, is there a Canadian connection?
    A nice lineup of yachts.
    I like the little expedition.
  16. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

I am Canadian, located in Vancouver and planning the 78 foot build. The drawings are done as is most of the specifications. I have to wait for 2010 to move funds....