Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Yacht Models & Toys (For Collectors)

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by MKM Membership Revoked, May 3, 2010.

1. well, other day i was thinking about that... It is quite difficult to find those wondeful yacht models in scales like 1:1000, for example a yacht of 100m to be like 10cm in your shelf for a very affordable price very detailed of not more than € 50, like many to be find of cars, airplanes and also ships, from companies like Franklin Mint, BBurago, Minichamps and many others very precise die-cast according the original, rarely to be found. It has some cruise ships in scale 1:1250 very nice detailed by the way.

I know it has among charter companies, manufacturers and brokers those very big and expensive models, custom hand-made by a modeler, which not everybody can buy, because they cost of about € 30000 a piece more or less, but then something to everyone, seems quite inexistent. Also privacy here has a role. :D

Well, my research in that way i found something interesting. I don't know if a thread has about that already. See those:

This is kind funny, but interesting: :D http://www.yagma.de/media/images/popup/Y-HS3008491.jpg

A nice model found is the CATWALK of ex-Kaiserwerft of 40m long in a cost of € 159 produced in series, from Herpa. This is quite big 45 cm, but good detailed. (For a side i was analysing the bow and seems not straight with the rest, but then, maybe my eyes) 1:87 For the price, seems pretty affordable for enthusiasts. For me would be too big for exposition, but the details seem well done. It shows in video the process producing it, pretty interesting the tooling and the CAD things. I saw the yacht 1:1 personally in Düsseldorf Boot Messe 2006, but as i had no relation to the project, then not more significant to me, but the closest i had contact with the producer with sister Cloud9. See: :)
    http://www.herpa.de/collect/(S(3v4c...=1&video=3A8F02DC-20B8-406B-926A-A5B0984C560D

I saw those other day here, but seems a very poor quality.

Do you know some more?