Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport

Yacht identification

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by LemonM, Jan 30, 2007.

1. LemonM

LemonM Guest

I recently purchased a print of a three master sailing yacht titled "Sachem 1927" as a gift for a gent who will turn 82 shortly and intend having the title overprinted with his surname, but would like to know if anyone knows of a vessel with this name -I am presuming this was the year of building.
    The print is obviously one of a set from a reproduction house, so I will also try that avenue to find out.
  2. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Just from memory. I think that it operated off the east coast. It's in a book of ships that brought immigrants across the Atlantic. 1927 is not necessarily the date of launch, more likely the date of the painting. if I can remember the name of the book I'll dig it up and try to verify for you.
  3. LemonM

LemonM Guest

Codger

Thanks for that. The intended recipient was a merchant seaman during 1940s to 60s era, has visited most countreis particularly asian ports as first mate and owned 5-6 yachts after coming ashore, so know he'll appreciate anything you find, and just hope he likes the idea i've gone with.:eek:
  4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

I just did a search on Google and there are all sorts of references to the ship.
    I'm not in the habit of using search programs but they do seem to work.