Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Yacht detailing

Discussion in 'Nordhavn Yacht' started by Larz Sullivan, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Larz Sullivan

Larz Sullivan New Member

Just curious. I have an N64 and I'm wondering what rates you have been charged for wash / detail?
  2. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

I pay $150 per month for weekly washes. One full hull an deck per month with three light washes. Cut and buffed with Awlcare twice per year helps a lot. This will run about $2,000 each time so 4 grand per year
    She is a 50 foot sedan.
    This is a professional outfit supervised by a seasoned pro.

The price would be much higher for a one time or now and the washing.

This is a maintenance program to ensure a constant upkeep.

We all know a clean boat is much easier to clean.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Why are you buffing Awlgrip? You should never buff Awlgrip unless it absolutely needs it.

Here in Fort Lauderdale around $3 per foot for a washdown, maybe a little more if you have a hard boat to wash, this is on a regular bi-weekly schedule.

Compounding and waxing, you really get what you pay for, and the price really depends on the condition and how many hours and steps need to be done.
  4. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

My bad, the Gelcoat is buffed twice per year, the hull sides are washed with awlcare. Although Awlgrip is not meant nor needed to be waxed, it does help a bit when it is loosing it’s luster after the years before having to re-paint.
    Per AkzoNobel the use of wax with no abrasives will not hurt the surface and it will allow areas of scuffs and scrapes to restore shine beef ore repairs can be done.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes, I have milked an old Awlgrip finish for several years by waxing it......but resort to that when it is the only remedy