Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights

World record 100m sailing design announced at Monaco

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by brian eiland, Sep 30, 2010.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

A new 100m sailing yacht - which will be the world's largest - has been announced at the Monaco Yacht Show.

When built, the Reichel Pugh Unlimited 100 will have a 14.5m beam, 9m draft, and 1,070t displacement. The hull and superstructure will be an aluminium/composite mix and her top sailing speed should be around 30kt.

Exclusive worldwide central agency has already been placed with YCO and a company spokesman told SB: "Some interest in the project has already been show by a few of the selected owners from our client base."

Construction costs are currently being investigated with a small number of yards including Royal Huisman and Baltic Yachts.

Superyacht Business / David Robinson, 24 September 2010
  2. brian eiland

You're right I did miss that....combination of my travels to Thailand for a month and trying to learn how to work with this new IMAC computer. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, plus getting an illustration in there.

I bought a new Imac desktop for myself and Thai wife because I was so fed up with trying to protect both her's and my computer running Microsoft stuff. I love XP and the newer Explorer, but I'm tired of trying to become expert enough to fight off all the viruses and spam. Plus it seems as though the anti-virus softwares just keep getting bigger and more sophisticated to just slow the computer down even more.

It takes a while to learn this Apple stuff, and manipulate it quickly. Wish I had more instruction.
  3. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I love Macs. I will be going back to one as soon as I can swing it. They are not really that bad once you start working with them. My biggest confusion with going between the two has always been keyboard shortcuts and the like. Once you get the hang of it, you will never want another windows based PC.

Enjoy your new machine:)
  4. brian eiland

I'm having trouble with the 'favorites/ bookmarks' thing. i even had to put Firefox on it to properly configure my usa.net email acct. My gmail accts were no problem.

Yeah, just have to spend more time with it.

I got the 21.5 inch size as I noticed considerable more heat generated by the 27 inch one....not good for such a slim unit without great heat deposition...and in Thailand heat to boot.