Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

Wiper question

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Jnicholas, Mar 2, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

My voyager 450 wipers are frozen and corroded pretty bad. Treating now with penetrating oil to remove. Any suggestions on where to purchase replacement arms or is Carver only game in town.

And related, the wash down fluid for the wipers is rotted away. Is this just freshwater from main tank powered by the house water pump or is there another reservoir for wiper wash and separate pump that I have not found yet?

Appreciate input.

Jerry
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The washer is fresh water from your tank, and there are plenty of sources for aftermarket wiper. If you know the size and style just Google "Boat windshield wipers", and see if you can find the right ones. If not contact Carver.
  3. Monepit

Monepit Member

You don't even need boat wipers. I bought new wipers for my voyager at autozone. Perfect fit. They are just car blades.
  4. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

Thanks for replies. I am concerned that the metal arms are damaged. Doesn't seem to have much pressure to the glass. So I might as well replace them now as I don't think they will be very effective. I don't think just replacing the blade is going to solve the problem. Also the water lines are cracked and disentagrating. Any suggestions where these supply lines attach to tank? Does it have a separate water pump ? Thanks again
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

No separate water pump. DK for sure, but I'd expect those lines to tie into one of your water lines as close as possible to windshields. Possibly a line heading towards an anchor wash down if you have one? If you can trace where it enters the boat you'll probable find that the hose is fine inside the boat and you may only need to tie in a small section on the final piece.
  6. Monepit

Monepit Member

If you look in the hall between the 2 staterooms on the roof you will see an access panel. It is velcroed on. Pull it down and there is a relay activated water valve there tied to the water system. That is the valve for the washers?
  7. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

Thanks Monepit. I had seen that access but had not opened it yet. Will check it out

Jerry