Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Why People Move to Florida

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by brian eiland, Nov 1, 2013.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

FUNNY video :D

The People vs Winter - YouTube

...its just around the corner, and for some reason I feel like the east coast might be in for it this year.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

We have hurricanes, tornadoes, gators, red necks and the St Johns river is green with another algae bloom. Yankees, don't come down here.....
    Stay up there and help your fellow (brain damaged) residents. You will get wash away down here and eaten by sharks and gators. Beware of Florida!!!
    Seasonal yacht brokers (used car salesmen) have been known to lurk in Florida also this time of year. Please note FLIBS..(see shark warning)..
    There are also Obummer voters down here.
    Stay at home and mend your broke body parts. Remember; you were raised up there, you should not leave.
    Yankee not spoken to well down here also...
  3. CaptCook

CaptCook New Member

One post is funnier than another. ;)
  4. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

You forgot something on your list - having to wait for low tide to use the nice water lot that was purchased for a bargain price. :D
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I think you're right Brian. My oak trees have dumped a huge amount of acorns. That's usually a sign. But don't forget that our weather gives us adventures. Like we get to play with snow blowers, and cut our fingers off when we clear the ice from them. But then we get to meet the pretty nurses in the ER (wearing 5 layers of thermals). Then when we come to Florida and you get one of those rain storms that brings everyone to half speed on the I-95, we just buzz along, because we're used to ICE.:D

Good clip Brian. It made me want to throw a log on the fireplace already.:D
    Coming soon enough. Tomorrow I'll be riding in a toy run. The predicted low is 31*F. (That's just below 0* for you Celcius guys). Time for the heated gloves. My boss is at FLIBS, sweating and watching bikinis (or is it the other way around).:(
  6. weto

weto Senior Member

Toy run ? You ride Cap ? What are you riding ?
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

IMG_1739.jpg

'04 Super Glide
  8. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Got my adventures in the planning stages already.....escape to Thailand for those winter months....with some side trips to Burma, etc
  9. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Had a red 1990 FXR Super Glide, loved it, but got spooked, too many folks die on bikes due to other drivers...:(
    [​IMG]
    Used all my 9 lives..even quit smoking after my doctor buddy died from lung cancer.

Back to the topic, Florida has been good to me, sunshine and palm trees and lots of boating..:cool:

Did the FLIBS yesterday, lots of eye candy, also hot and crowded, 1/2 hr in line to get Will Call tickets, not sure how they managed to screw that up, but they did good..:rolleyes: