Click for Comfort Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

What is this boat?

Discussion in 'Northcoast Yacht' started by LanaLane, Feb 24, 2006.

1. LanaLane

LanaLane New Member

I’ve been seriously thinking about a new build in the 150’ range, but I saw this boat waiting to berth at Bahia Mar. It must be one of the best looking boats I’ve seen and reminds me of our Westship, but on a smaller scale. It might be the perfect boat for me to single hand, or maybe handle with the wife. Does anyone know what this boat is?

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

It's an 87' Northcoast. I recently saw this boat in Lauderdale too. She's a beauty. Northcoast has built some truly outstanding larger yachts. A few of them have been discussed on YachtForums. Paladin is one of them (the mother ship to Paladin's Shadow).

Can't tell you much about pricing, maybe a YachtWorld search will reveal some numbers. The boats are built by Steven Yadvish in Tacoma, Washington. I've contacted them several times for info, specs and images, but never received anything. I get the impression he's a pretty hands-on builder... and thus pretty busy!

(If you get a hold of him, tell him he's MIA on YF! ;) )
  3. LanaLane

LanaLane New Member

Thanks Carl. I'll try to get some info.
  4. migg48

migg48 New Member

84' North Coast

It is indeed a North Coast, 84 feet, launched in 2000. Name is KP Sea. I agree, the lines are outstanding. The interior is well done but not to my personal preference. It is for sale for 2.5 million. I hope to go see it next week. I'd love to single hand it also, however this is a lot of boat. 160,000#.

M.D.M.
  5. migg48

migg48 New Member

Sold last week, going to the west coast.
  6. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Congratulations?
  7. migg48

migg48 New Member

Thanks, but no. I wish. I had booked a flight, hotel and looked into shipping. Spoke to the broker to tell him I was coming (checkbook in hand) and......it sold. Not often I feel a loss at something I never had, but I think I really missed something here. The more I read and hear about Northcoast, the more I am impressed. I am in contact with the designer at Northcoast. Although there are a couple of 82's for sale, they are not exactly what I want. I wish Fortuna 2 were for sale, but it is not. So, there is an outside chance I will commission a new one.
  8. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

There is an 82 for sale down in Newport Beach that I saw a couple of weeks ago. "Lady O" was her name. Should be able to find a listing on YW or YC.
    Looks like she's priced right as well.
  9. migg48

migg48 New Member

Thanks, I'll check it out...........