Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Westport

What I should buy : Azimut 53 2021 VS Azimut 60

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Philip1961, Aug 19, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Philip1961

Philip1961 New Member

Finally I’m ready get my next boat ( previously I’ve got Azimut 48 for 6 years …)
    BIG question , i do not understand : which Boat I should buy
    1) option 1 : Azimut 53 2021
    2) option 2 : Azimut 60 ( 2020 -2021 )
    Currently ( I’m in Florida ) on the market only like 1 or 2 Azimut 53 ( 2021) and a looot , like 5-7 , Azimut 60
    I’m confused, both boat look good for me , but why such situation on the market now ?
    Meaning , if I will buy Azimut 60 , for example , it will be much more maintenance cost or something else ?
    Please help me friends
  2. mapism

mapism Senior Member

All boats are headaches.
    You don't want to get the largest headache you can afford.
    Much better to live with the smallest one which is just enough for your needs! :)
    gr8trn and Capt Ralph like this.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

generally speaking there should be minimal differences in maintenance between a 53 and a 60 footer. Both will have similar systems like two engines and running gear, a gen, similar electronics, air con etc. if anything maintenance on a bigger boat is easier therefore cheaper due to better access.

the only difference is what gets billed by the door like diver and haul out

I find that the type of equipment installed has a bigger impact on maintenance costs than the size of the boat within 15/18 feet difference.

for instance, the bigger boat may have chillers vs splits… chiller are much more reliable. Engine brands and models, like Cats vs MTU vs Man vs Volvo and that is also location dependent. If you don’t have a good Volvo or Man shop close to where you are based, you costs on these will go up.
  4. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

How were your experiences with the 48? Same marina and facilites with the next boat as current?
  5. Philip1961

Philip1961 New Member

Azimut 48 was great experience
    It was year 2o14 and full package including seakeeper
    Its was total 450 hours for almost 6 years and was regular maintenance in Marinmax sta on 79 street . also regular trips were m Miami area and Bimini .
    It’s was no any any malfunction is equipment at all , so for this particular reason now I’m going for Azimut 53 or 60
    It will be almost the same price BUT still do not understand why only One Azimut 53 ( 2021) on the market in Florida and bunch of Azimut 60 ( at least 7 on the market , year 2019-2021-2022)
  6. mapism

mapism Senior Member

I think it's a bit of stretch to infer from the number of boats on the market for two different models that one is better or worse, if that's what you are trying to understand.

That said, you might wish to investigate where those two models come from, because Azi build boats also in Brasil.
    And AOTBE, between a boat built in Italy and one built in Brasil (having carefully inspected an Inace BTW - urgh! :confused:), I know which I'd rather want.
    But sorry, I have no idea if that is the case with the 53 vs. the 60.
  7. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

Id agree. All things considered, the 53 may just not have as many examples sold and then on the market. If the price was close, many owners may have just went with the 60. See where your desire takes you, and rely on the survey.
  8. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

I know nothing about either of the boats in question. However, fewer of a certain model boat being on the used market could also mean that model is preferred and owner's simply don't sell them very often. Or when they do consider selling, they get snatched up without hitting the open market. This is often the case with higher end, desirable sportfish boats. Maybe that's why you don't see many of the 53's for sale?
  9. Pizzazz7

Pizzazz7 New Member

You need to talk to owners of these boats. Ask Azimut how many of each they produced and get the higher volume boat. In my case, a much older boat, Riva produced a 42, 45, 48 and 50 foot versions. The 42 was too short, the 48 was considered a good balance and the 50 was considered too long, wet and prone to purpoising. So, I got lucky to find a 48.