Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Perko

What are YOU doing?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Sep 2, 2008.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

... sitting on the aft deck, sipping drinks with little umbrellas?

... contemplating a merger, with a woman well-divorced?

... wondering which onboard system will break next?

... wondering if a grapefruit will pass a Vacuflush?

I'm doing none of these things. I'm watching Hanna with Ike in hot pursuit, thinking the Fujiwara effect (thank you Loren) could happen. Other than that, I'm doin' nothin'... which is a completely new concept for me. I'm likin' this!

For 5 years, I've had this never-ending YF To-Do list. At the moment, I'm caught up. Come tomorrow, I'll be behind again.

So... what are YOU doing?
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I'm reading and responding on YachtForums while O'Reilly from the RNC dins in the background on FOX.

I'm also considering what may be my next yacht. I have been yacht-less for 60 days, save a 315 Chris Commander (not a yacht). I have previously owned a fair collection of unique but moderately priced vessels. I don't want to buy something else just to buy something. I'm at a point where the next boat must be very special. So, I wait, and surf, and watch, with my cash in the bank. Given the cluster of storms headed toward our continent, the above situation provides, I must admit, some degree of comfort.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Fujiwara effect! been a while since i've heard that name... 1995 season a i think... when they kept rolling off africa one after the other.

funny how Hannah did make that little loop after all! i wonder what's next?
  4. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Slept in again today, had a light breakfast, threw on the Armani, went to the Bank and deposited a bunch of rent cheques.
    Now I'm bored till next month.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well I am doing school work, researching news for YF and thinking about going to sleep now...I think I just might do that soon.
  6. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

Fighting with my parents...anyone have a boat that needs a sitter?:(
  7. Coenharbour

Coenharbour Senior Member

Just woke up and watched the wheaterforecast...
    Like to visit the HISWA, Europes' biggest in-water boatshow, today.
    But the forecast sounds bad, clouds all over the Netherlands.:mad:
    First another coffee!
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

This morning.....

I woke up feeling tired as I am suffering Insomnia in middle of night due to Jetlag.

Reviewing some plans for a new build.

Looking for flights for a meeting next week ( this so far looks like it must be the most expensive short haul flight ever)

Wondering why the time stamps on my incoming e mails are all over the place.
  9. YachtForums

Easy answer... because YOU'RE all over the place! Try staying in one time-zone for a while. :D
  10. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Contemplating whether I can come up with an excuse for buying yet another camera ...

low will power Kelly
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Kelly, since I bought the Canon G9, I never use my smaller or the bigger DSLR cameras. It is really good.

This morning I have to go to my mothers house and repair her water pump, in the gale winds, then back here to draw up some remaining things for our 34-footer in build, like the dashboard. I wanted to postpone this to see what´s new in plotters and now I know. The boat should be finished in late October...

Tomorrow there is an In-water Boat Show opening in Stockholm and I will meet with people from Volvo-Penta to discuss our boats on the show.

My own boats are not much used this summer, the small powerboat 2 hours and the motor-sailer one week. A lot of work for that little, but last year it was used less than three days...

BTW, I am also receiving funds of millions of dollars every hour since some time, if I just provide my details to a lot of Ministers and Bank Directors all over the world. Seems as all the broken internet cables are now repaired....
  12. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

:cool:
    Well, I'm about to begin a day of hospital and bereavement visiting. Then tonight, it's off down to Fowey for a couple of days of 'me' time. If the weather's good, I'll be on the water. If not, it's maintenance time!

Must admit, after the summer we've had here, I am rather envious of Yachtnews' 35 degrees! :cool:
  13. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I am so sick of these e mails I have started using a pre download Mail sorting proggie on my business e mail and use a lot of the Delete function on Yahoo ( 78 today so far)
  14. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

As I do almost every morning, I stop by here before I check my e-mails to see what's new in our yachting world. Then I'm off to assist those that need my help. This week will be a little different. While some have questioned my ability to think properly, I'm flying to Puerto Rico this weekend to fish a marlin tournament. Hopefully, the storms will drift far enough north that it will not impact the fishing grounds.
  15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Hmm... I noticed that too. Over the weekend I got over 150 emails in less than 48 hours, all from "UK Dating" or "Free Sex & City Box Set". Literally every 17-20 minutes one or the other would be in my Inbox, alternating like clockwork. It's been months since I was flooded with spam to that extent.

As for me, I'm getting ready to spend the weekend up north in the rain with a couple hundred of my closest rally friends. :D Should be fun!
  16. YachtForums

So far, I like what Kevin's doing the most.

I've been fielding some of the same generous offers as everyone else. I'm honored that so many would trust me with so much!
  17. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

I'm dreaming that my next job should be captain of a yacht, and give up my day job as disaster planner for a big box retailer, as I'm up to my eyeballs in tropical storms that are marching like elephants across the Atlantic.
    For those folks that say New Orleans dodged a bullet, they haven't been to Alexandria, LA or some of the parishes that will remain closed until at least Friday. Almost a million still without electical juice, mainly in Louisiana. Hanna will ride up the east coast of FL, so watch out North Carolina. And Ike is beginning to scare many folks here, with visions of a big blow down here.
    If only the writing job paid more...
    Carl, time for a cocktail this weekend? I need an escape, even if it's to look at sculpted hulls (I'm not talking about the babes in Boca with their plastic injections either).
  18. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

I'm writing press materials and manufacturer solicitations for a group of new media journalists. It's not as glamorous as it sounds, but next week at this time I'll be doing a ride & drive with most major automakers!
  19. YachtForums

A drink sounds good Tom. I'm around all weekend. Will meet you half-way.
  20. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I'm back from a great cruise on a friend's boat (44' Huckins Corithian) in Maine and headed down to Virginia to look at RedHook98s Roamer.
    Stay away Hannah!