Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

Water leaks

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Good Spirit, Mar 23, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    Starting to get ready for this years boating season. We have a leak that comes into the cabinet above the sink in our 3608. I think it is coming from one of the stanchions. I was going to reseat them this spring. Does anyone know how to access the nuts so that I can reseat and hopefully stop the leak. Happy wife happy life.........
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Are you sure they didn't just use large self tapping screws? Most are put in with self tapping screws.
  3. g36

g36 Member

i think i would try to find one you could see from underneath maybe in the anchor locker or somewhere and see how it is attached. i bet the rest are like it. also if you are certain you are going to remove that stanchion you could try backing out one screw just enough to note the threads on it. or you might contact carver and see if they could give you and idea on how they are mounted.
    btw i have a carver 405 which i know is not your boat but on mine they are machine threaded into a backing plate that is embedded in the fiberglass during the build.
    maybe this will help good luck
  4. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    Thanks for the info. I am hoping you are correct. If that is indeed the case I will re seat each stanchion with 4200. Hopefully will solve the leak issue