Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Water in the bilge?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by adambomb, Nov 19, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. adambomb

adambomb Member

It seems like I always have some water in certain pockets in the bilge ,I know that the a/c drains in there and the shafts drip,etc. I have a 95 carver 355 motoryacht, down by the kitchen in the bilge ,by the engines and under the aft cabin . It seems that the pumps pump out and stop at this point ,its not more then a quart in each location ,but I cant get it all out unless I wet and dry vac it .Is it bad that this water it always here ,is it a poor design in the bilge of these boats. It just adds to other little problems in the bilge besides the heads leaking too. What should I do ?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

AC condensate should not drain in the bilge, lousy design.... See if you can route the condensate to a shower sump

Dry bilges are nice but in the real world it s hard to keep them dry especially in the ER where you will always have water from cleaning strainers, etc

I wouldn't worry worry about it but try to route condensate into sumps
  3. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

dry bilges

i just had a boat surveyed this past weekend

same issue water in bilges seems they knew the issue and had forward bilge pump installed also....