Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service

Water Heater Valve on 2009 60 Marquis

Discussion in 'Marquis Yacht' started by Terriseefeldt, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Terriseefeldt

Terriseefeldt New Member

Hello. We checked the breaker and it is on, but our water is not hot. Is there another valve or switch?
  2. Sergio Rosen

Sergio Rosen Guest

It could be a bad heating element
  3. Sergio Rosen

Sergio Rosen Guest

What brand Water heater is it ?
  4. Terriseefeldt

Terriseefeldt New Member

Hello all. The tank is hot and the hoses are hot until they come to a T and then the hot water does not make its way through the lines. Do they get clogged possibly?
  5. Sergio Rosen

Sergio Rosen Guest

What’s the brand of the unit ? Also can you share a pic of the T
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I had a similar issue on our Bert.
    A story;
    Our transom shower provides hot and cool water. At the end of the hose is a cutoff.
    While deployed, I turned this valve off leaving the hot and cool water valves open.
    I recall never getting hot water in the master shower and going cool quickly.
    I just knew I had a water heater issue but the water heater was always hot.

When we returned back to our usual dock and I was cleaning up, I found the transom water valves open, just turned off by the shower hose.
    I turned the valves off. That night, hat a nice hot shower. Some how, cool water was traveling thru that transom valve and over coming the hot water flow to the master shower.
    So, I suggest; closing the valves to the dishwasher, clothes washer and ensure all water out lets are turned off completely.

On newer and smaller boats, there is a valve that keeps scalding hot water from the outlets.
    This would also be close to the water heater. I do not think it would be installed on your vintage or sized boat.

Last question, has it ever worked, If so, Restart at the top ↑.
  7. Terriseefeldt

Terriseefeldt New Member

Thank you. We will try that in the morning and report back.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2022
  8. StillLearning

StillLearning Member

I had a hot water issue on our Marquis.

Would get a very small amount of hot water, then quickly go cold. Interesting when going back and forth between shore water and the fresh water pump, behavior was different.

In the end, it was the pressure relief valve on the hot water tank. Previous owner had replaced the hot water heater shortly before I purchased the boat, but they had reused the old pressure relief valve. Over time it was not cutting off completely when the pressure was high enough, continually letting water flow out.

Tracked it down by digging through the manuals, finding where the pressure relief line fed an overboard drain. Then was able to see that water was coming out when it should not have.

Replaced the pressure relief valve and solved the problem.