Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

Wallypower 118 for sale

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by Mov-it!, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Well, it finally happened. The Wallypower 118 is for sale.
    The asking price is almost 18mln euros. Should anyone be interested, call the red Baron at Edmiston.

I'm curious how long it will be up for sale.
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

As far as I know it's been for sale for a few years already. I've heard all sorts of figures mentioned, between 20m Euros up to 35m Euros.
  3. goplay

goplay Senior Member

I have met with Wally representatives (not for the 118) and the 118 was always for sale, but meanwhile was a demo boat and test boat for the factory/owner.

I had a look and sea trial of the 70. A very responsive drive and very smooth. Good visibility from the pilot house. High bulwarks give a safe feeling.

Up close and personal though, the boat appears a little rough around the edges in terms of finish. Also, the hull form is very much like a sail boat, so narrow beam for a boat this size and the forward cabin starts much further back owing to the peaky bow. Thus not very much room for a boat this size. Engine room is equally cramped. Carbon fiber toilet seats were cool.

A very unique boat for a particular kind of customer.
  4. lurker

lurker New Member

For the money, I think there are more "practical" boats out there. Pershing 115 would be one of them IMHO.
  5. dragonfly60

dragonfly60 New Member

I've visited three times the Wallypower 118, and the only impression I've received is that this boat is suitable only for military purposes. This is due to the sistem of air intakes, the stealth design and the material used. I see it like an ideal fast attack craft, projected for the islands of Malaysia, Burma and similares, but like a yacht it's unbeliveable (a full tank is sufficient for a navigation from Portofino to Cannes or Bastia with 16500 hp Tag).