Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko

Voyager 53 2000 - rewire A/V to HDMI

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by adunayer, Mar 18, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. adunayer

adunayer New Member

Anyone ever run a cable from the Stereo area in the salon to the TV (in the corner by sliding glass door? Any video or other instruction on what path it takes? I am trying to upgrade my TV to HD.
  2. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

I don't have a 530 so I don't know exactly where to run the wire but you can buy wireless HDMI transmitters. You might consider something like that.
  3. sub-dude

sub-dude New Member

I have run cables on my 2000 Voyager 530 in the exact path you are describing. You need to get behind the DC panel. Just remove the screws and lay it down on the carpet in front. I would cover the back of the panel with a thick towel folded over to protect those components and to prevent accidental contact with the DC wiring. Once that panel is removed and you can see inside the wall, you will notice wires running from the back of the stereo amp down into the engineroom. Once in the engineroom you can run cables in the overhead above and around the engines. When you have crossed over to the port side, you can run the cable back up into the port salon wall area. Probably the easiest place to run those cables back up into the salon wall is just aft of the port sanitary holding tank. You will see other cables going up there.

You can get access to this behind the wall space from 2 separate locations in the salon/galley area (1) under the galley sink or (2) remove the access panel to the Salon A/C unit. This panel is on the outboard aft side of the counter that juts out into the salon. From there you can feed it over to the corner where the TV sits. Invest in a good electrician's fish tape to help with pulling the wires. Good luck