Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Burger

Vitters Yachts

Discussion in 'Vitters Yacht' started by Yacht News, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Sail Yachts built by Vitters yard are among some of the most beautiful and esthetically pleasing yachts sailing today. With the likes of s/y Gimla, s/y Ghost, s/y Mystere and s/y Adele (classic looking) under their portfolio, one can attest to their greatness in craftmanship and design. These are all vessels that are exceedingly wonderful in the area of taste, sleekness and sheer beauty.

What about the vessels they have under construction? The stunning s/y Nirvana due to launch some time in the end of this year (2007). She is 53.5 M long and what is amazing is that her full draught is under 10 feet. She is a Ketch model and is designed by Dubois Naval architects.

With a planned delivery for 2008, the Classic 52.5M long s/y Boreas will surely turn heads. Similarly designed to the s/y Adele she will maintain the classic elements synonomous with yachts of that past era. She also bears a similar resemblance to the Wally project of similar design.

Whether it is recently launched yachts, yachts currently under construction or future designs, one thing will remain constant. Vitters is a world leader in building small to medium sized Sloops and Ketches. The examples are all there as plain as day light. For more on these wonderful sail yachts visit their website. http://www.***********/sitemanager.asp?pid=223
  2. Yacht News

3. Yacht News

s/y Nirvana

I checked the website of Dubois who is the naval architect for the s/y Nirvana and found that according to them she will be completed in September. There is also additional information but it is not anything greatly different to that of what is provided on the Vitters website. http://www.duboisyachts.com/Yachts/Nirvana/
  4. Yacht News

5. Yacht News

Has anyone heard of any news or seen any new pictures of the Vitters s/y Nirvana? She should be ready for September or October..
  6. Yacht News

s/y Adele sold

The Vitters super s/y Adele has been sold. Here is the link..
    http://www.syadele.com/
    No matter here owner, she is a superb and technologially advanced sail yacht.
  7. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Mystere

After having seen Mystere, I have to admit that this my choise for sailingyacht of the year and even yacht of the year. Could she look any better?
  8. Yacht News

I agree with you 500%. Mystere is totally beautiful, not just her but the other Vitters such as Adele, Ghost and Gimla. Those are the Vitters that I absolutely love, interior and exterior wise. Beautiful yachts
  9. Yacht News

s/y Nirvana

The 53.5M long Vitters sailyacht, Nirvana is progressing very well at the moment and should be launched in a few. She is going to be a sight to behold and she will impress for sure upon delivery. She is scheduled for delivery in Autumn.
  10. Yacht News

I can tell you that the Nirvana has a very dark Black (that might sound like redundancy) hull colour which is seriously gelcoated-nice. She has an off-white almost sandy looking superstructure colour.
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think she is painted, not gelcoated as she is built in aluminium...
  12. Yacht News

45M Lady B

Another Vitters is on the block. This is the 147.6' fast to cruising sloop m/y Lady B. It claims to be one of the best high performance for this type of yacht. Being handled by Dubois Naval Architects and built by Vitters Yards, the Lady B will be on course for launch and delivery in 2009.

Lady B, will have a variable draught and this will be made practical by the lifting keel system. Her keel can be raised from a maximum depth, 6M to 4M.

http://www.duboisyachts.com/Yachts/LadyB/

http://www.duboisyachts.com
  13. Yacht News

53.5M Nirvana launched

As previously reported before, The Nirvana was scheduled for launch in October and so be it, she has been launched. She looks really good now that she is out of the shed. Her masts have been stepped and furlers installed. I do not have any photos at the moment.
  14. ivan28

ivan28 New Member

Greetings to everyone!

Could anyone tell me, how much do these yachts (for example:Gimla) cost? In rang with Perini Navi or more?
    Thank You,

Ivan
  15. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

I have seen some images of Nirvana in some magazines. Needless to say that she looks great.

In regard to Ivan's question;
    It''s hard to compare prices of custom builds because of the choises concerning concept, build materials, equipment and overall technical complexity.

Perini's pricing level will however match the northern european yachtbuilders' pricing levels. Their characteristic wedding cake exterior with enormous interior space make them more expensive because of the sheer amount of materials required.

I'm currently working out the specs and pricing on an aluminium 120 ft performance cruising sloop. Depending on the amount of technical kit like lift keel, Carbon superstructure and high tech rigging including PBO standing rig, dyneema running rig, Carbon mast and slab reef furling full batten mainsail prices can run up to about 16mln euros. Judging from Gimla's technical specs and layout I would guess she will have cost about the same or a little more up to 18mln euros. this is nothing more than my estimate. I don't know the exact price.
  16. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

Gimla details

I found some images of some nice details of Gimla's interior.
    The curved central hallway is really nice.

Attached Files:

17. Yacht News

18. Yacht News

Boreas progress...

Well it is time to update on the construction progress of the s/y Boreas. She is really progressing well, the hull was launched some time ago and now she is inside the shed being worked on. Her deck houses are in and the hull is coated (prepping for paint at a later stage). To see more visit the MCM website at:

http://www.mcmnewport.com/English/NEWS.html
  19. NGD

NGD New Member

20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to Yacht Forums NGD.

I assume at sign up you read the FAQ's

Do you have permission to link to those photos?

They are all watermarked in the lower left hand corner.

It also looks more like someones personal collection rather than a free for all.