Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Westport

Tundra t80 only runs on 12v not 120v

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by crashgtr, Jul 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

We replaced the fuses. Any thoughts? Trying to find service repair for these in nj doesn't look easy either. The company told me to call this other company in Long Island but when I call it goes to voicemail.

Would rather fix myself if we could. We confirmed it is getting the 120v from the power source but not sure what else to çheck
  2. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

Tundra Refer

We have the same refer on our 3607 here in Jersey and it has been running on 12v since we bought the boat 4 years ago. Found that the inverter under the refer was fried, when I called for a replacement ($250.00) it was suggested that I find the cause first before replacing. It was also suggested that a 120 volt replacement would be a better option, which we have looked for but not found in the right size.
  3. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

Not sure what is meant by the recoomendation they gave you as: was also suggested that a 120 volt replacement would be a better option.

What does that mean? Instead of converting to 12v only use 120v?
    If you did that how would you run the fridge without shore power or generator?

Did you know of any good repair people that I could call to fix mine?
  4. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

Sea Ya- Do you have a part number for the inverter/converter

I was able to download the service manual but it does not talk about troubleshooting the 120v step down or conversion to 12/24v at all.

Still trying to either find someone to diagnose the issue or find the actual part I need and figure out where it goes/how to install it.
  5. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

tundra

Sorry about not getting back. I had no access to a computer. The module on my refer is located at the bottom left side in the rear and can be accessed through the air vent on the side of the cabinet in my 3607. If yours in a similar location you can probably change it from there but it would be easier if you remove the refer. It is a matter of changing wire for wire.
    I use my boat almost exclusively as a weekend home. If I was to change refers I would definitely go to a household 120volt that would fit. But as I said we have not found a suitable replacement. I know my batteries and charging system are getting a workout but after 4 years all seems to be going fine.
    I will be out at the boat for the weekend, maybe I have the part number there.
    PM me for further info, perhaps we are neighbors here in Jersey and don't know it.
  6. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

ordered the part from the dealer

should get the part tomorrow- fingers crossed...
    if so, will be installing over the weekend- will update you all with progress.
  7. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

fridge

supposedly a different part is coming tomorrow and we will try to hook it up this weekend.