Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Glendinning

Trinity Yachts - Ulysses info?

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by christo303, Nov 20, 2003.

1. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Hello guys,

Nice series of shots on the different Trinity yachts but what's the news on the Trinity exploration yacht Ulysses that was seriously damaged in a fire about a year ago and not too long before her delivery to her New Zealand owner ? No news about her since. I know that her owner, who owned the Feadship Ulysses (today Teleost) before, has bought an older Feadship from Van Lent a few months ago : the Kwikumat (ex-Confidante) and christened her Ulysses as well. It was said that this was to be a kind of interim-yacht untill the Trinity boat was repaired. No news about Ulysses on the Trinity site either. If anyone has any news : let us know.
  2. Allegretto93

Allegretto93 New Member

Ulysses

Word has it the the insurance company finally settled with the owner/builder and they became the legal owner of the vessel. Then they put the damaged vessel up for auction and high bid happened to be the NZ original owner. He then sent the vessel to a yard with cheap labor and had the vessel gutted. The last that I heard was the vessel was scheduled to be shipped to Australia where a yard has been contracted to finish the vessel.
    I was at the christening and photographed the launch and if someone wants the photos I can email as an attachment.
  3. odyssey

odyssey New Member

ULYSSES 2

Seems that she has been repaired/refurbished in Brisbane over the last 10-12 months or so, and is in the process of being floated into "Superservant 4' which ha been in port for nearly a week unloading. Transport Dept Ship movements site indicates that vessel's next port is Auckland. I will advise more detail should it come to hand. My problem is that I live some 90k north and "Superservants" loading location makes it next to impossible to get pix.;)
  4. Ron Reitz

Ron Reitz New Member

Ulysses

I think she's docked in San Diego at the Kon Kai Yacht Club, I've seen her there recently.
  5. gaston

gaston New Member

Yes, I can confirm she was at the Kona Kai Marina at the Shelter Island, San Diego as of yesterday. She looks impeccable. Pictures will follow.

Does anyone know who is the current owner?
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to YF.

We do not make a habit of discussing Owners here.
  7. gaston

gaston New Member

8. OntarioK

OntarioK New Member

Ulysses Owner

Hi, Ulysses is owned by New Zealand businessman Graeme Hart. Hart owns Rank Group and currently holds packaging assets worldwide- see bevpackholdings.com, Reynolds assets bought from Alcoa, Blue Ridge, Evergreen, Carter Holt Harvey. Recently Ulysses was in Fiji. Berthed normally in Auckland New Zealand.
  9. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Hi, there is little need to expose the owner in such a manner...I'm sure it is public information but still we here at YF do not make it our business to deal in owner's endeavours. We deal with the yachts! So lets deal with "Ulysses".

Welcome to YF though OntarioK