Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Mulder

Trinity Yachts at the Daytona 500...

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by YachtForums, Feb 25, 2006.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

OK Nascar fans, there's a new race team in the town... Trinity!

Pics are compliments of YF member "Julz", who braved life and limb during last week's deep freeze in Florida (60 degrees!) to get pictures of Trinity's new race team at the wet pits of the Daytona 500.

Rated at 6,768 hp... we have zoom-ZOOM-zoom in the pole position at 24 knots. Running blocker... we have Positive Carry, rated at 4500 hp and has recorded track speeds in excess of 20 knots. Competition among the go-slow and turn-left crowd was really heating up, with "Hi-Banx" rounding out the pack. Word around the track was Trinity had a back-up boat in case of a crash... SeaHawk, which might have come in handy after a rogue breeze flipped Zoom while drafting behind Turnin' Left. The captain and crew are reported to have minor injuries and are recovering with keg of Bud.

*** :D ***

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The chance to get pics from the St-Petersburg GP near the end of next month should be even better. :)

Zoom Zoom Zoom is quite nice... a bit speedier looking than other recent Trinitys.
  3. Julz

Julz New Member

Its not hitting, its rubbin', and rubbin's racin'!
  4. YachtForums

Exactly! That's why yachts have rub-rails! :D

Thanks again for the pics Julz and welcome aboard. :)
  5. Julz

Julz New Member

no problemo...it was really neat to see them that close (woulda been better to be on them, but...)
  6. YachtForums

7. William Smith

William Smith New Member

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM is actually a 26 knot yacht. Also the 124' WHEELS (ex-ANJILIS) was also there as well as a couple of owners who are currently building with Trinity.
  8. YachtForums

Gulp! Sorry 'bout that Billy. I took the numbers from the press release in the previous link. Gentlemen, say hello to Billy Smith and congratulate him for building the fastest superyacht at this year's Daytona 500. ;)
  9. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I'm still curious about how the owner is connected to Mazda. Is "zoom zoom zoom" trademarked? ;)
  10. YachtForums

Billy would best be able to answer this, but I’ve been told it was a fun name that was indicative of the yacht’s speed. I don't know if there exists any association with Mazda, but it's probably best not to speculate.
  11. Julz

Julz New Member

You've built a gorgeous boat, and we printed one off of my son standing in front of it. He told me on the drive back he wants one now :D
  12. William Smith

William Smith New Member

Yachts at Daytona 500 cont.

Carl. the press release was in error stating that the yacht was only 24 knots, not your fault.

The name of ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM has nothing to do with Mazda. According to the captain, the owner was on his 142' Trinity RELENTLESS two summers ago and told the captain he wanted to be at a certain port in the Med that night. The captain said they would have to leave right away in order to obtain a berth for that evening. The owner commented that he wanted his next yacht to be able to "zoom" to different ports. When he heard about the speed of his new Trinity, he said it was more than zoom, it was ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.
  13. YachtForums

Thank you for clarifying Billy. We're privileged to have you join the discussion. I doubt our most recent member "Julz" was prepared to have the VP of Trinity respond to his first post! That must have been a MasterCard “priceless” moment… :D ;)
  14. YachtForums

Although this thread was posted in fun, it turns out Trinity actually does sponsor a race team! Billy directed me to John Dane's recent 4th place finish at the OCR Miami Rolex Regatta. John is the President and CEO of Trinity. Here's a picture of him racing a boat that's slightly smaller than your average Trinity... ;)

Attached Files:

15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Now that looks like fun!:cool: It's something I'd like to try myself one day.
  16. Julz

Julz New Member

You mean VP's of megayacht builders don't always respond? :D

I showed the thread to my wife, who then said "well, ask him if we can get a tour next year if its there" :D
  17. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

They are great looking boats and there is not one that i have been on that i did not like. Wouldn't mind trading :D
  18. YachtForums

Well... not too often. At one time or another, most of our builders have posted to YF, like during the '05 FLIBS controversy. In their positions, they are among the busiest people on the planet, so it's especially nice when they find time to join us. For those of you who don't know Billy, he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet... and a true ambassador to the industry. It's an honor to have him join in the discussion.
  19. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Anyone know who the owner of Zoom Zoom Zoom is?
  20. YachtForums

Hi Brandon,

Unless the owner's name has been published in other forms of media, we typically don't discuss who owns specific yachts. While it can be interesting to learn who they are and how they came about their success, for privacy and security reasons, as well as being respectful, it's best not to include owner's names.