Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

Trinity to be featured on VH-1...

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by YachtForum, Nov 21, 2006.

1. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Just got a note from Billy Smith at Trinity...

VH-1 is airing an episode titled: "The World's Most Insane Mega Yachts" starting Wednesday evening, November 22nd at 7:00 PM (EST). The other show times are listed below. Check your local listings or refer to VH-1's website... http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/fabulous_life_of/110515/episode_showtimes.jhtml

Show times...

Wed. Nov. 22 7:00 pm
    Thur. Nov. 23 1:00 pm
    Sat. Nov. 25 2:00 pm
    Sat. Dec. 2 7:00 pm

Thanks Billy!
  2. SoCalRP

SoCalRP New Member

That's Not All...

Hey there Carl,

Very nice of Billy to let you in on the show. I have already seen the episode (happy to say it's an hour long) and I am happy to say they go far beyond Trinity. Although there wasn't a whole lot (if anything really) that would surprise a devotee of this forum, there were some alternate shots.

The usual suspects were shown including: Dubai, Rising Sun, Octopus, Christina O, Maletese Falcon, Mirabella V, and many others. The one thing I saw that I had yet to see were some interior shots of the Maltese Falcon.

Like I said, nothing shocking in terms of new revelations, yet is a decent way to spend an hour if your going to be watching TV anyway.

Cheers
  3. YachtForum

Just caught the episode. The pictures of Platinum look familiar. ;)

When VH-1 first called me for Platinum images, I was happy to supply them, but after I saw the original show (before the current episode), I vowed not to work with them again. I actually fired off a letter to the producer of the show condemning their irreverent, slap-stick look at our industry. He wrote me back with a letter of apology and asked me if I would work with them on future episodes. I kindly declined, knowing they couldn't be trusted. The current episode shows they've cleaned up their act.

I am however, glad to see Trinity getting well-deserved coverage. The interview with Billy Smith was a good choice by VH-1. For those of you who don't know Billy, he's a true southern gentleman that is one of the most well-spoken people you'll ever meet.
  4. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Did I hear right when they said they could land a plane on Dubai?
  5. YachtForum

I've seen the GA's on Dubai and there's no landing strip. The Fabulous Life needs new fact finders. :rolleyes:
  6. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Saw the show while resting my full belly after a great Thanksgiving dinner. I thought is was a little sarcastic, but then again it was VH1. But their definition of a megayacht (if I remember correctly) was anything over 80 feet. That seems a bit on the small side. So I'm asking, what is the definition (in feet/meters or any other measurable aspect) of a megayacht?
  7. SoCalRP

SoCalRP New Member

"How would that even work logistically?

I think that VH-1 even mentioning the supposed airstrip shows a minor level of absurdity. Think about an aircraft carrier, with a runway AT MOST 500'. You're talking about gnarly jets taking off that still need the catapult to avoid ending up in the drink. Let's not even talk about the landing. Even a Cessna 152 or a Piper Cub couldn't manage to get off the deck unless you had such a headwind that you would want to even attempt if because.

I think a lot of their approach is just geared towards entertainment, often at the expense of education. I do agree with your stance, though, Carl that it is unfortunately not acceptable to do work with them anymore. Just shows that the producers, in terms of their approach to quality reporting, come at a very cheap price, resulting in a flawed product.

My 2 cents
  8. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

Besides us professionals (at least I try to be called one) How many do you think caught that small tid bit about an air strip on a yacht?
    I am willing to bet most are now thinking it is the new hip hop fashion to own a yacht after watching that show.