Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Westport

"Tred Avon" ... anybody know what happened to her?

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by ar3thur, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ar3thur

ar3thur New Member

Many years ago a friend of my brother lived aboard the "Tred Avon", which I think was a Trumpy, in a marina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was owned by his father, a dentist. He had a dental chair installed in the cabin just behind the steering house. This was sometime in the 1950s.

The craft was about 100', maybe a little less.

Some time later, in the 1970s or so, I was her again moored behind a home on one of the finger islands off New River in the western part of main Fort Lauderdale. She needed some hull work and a general refit.

I've always wondered what happened to her and can't find anything on the Internet.

Anybody got some info?
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

There was a 85' Mathis/Trumpy originally named "Nahmeoka" later "Tred Avon" built in 1921 O/N 220886. Her last documented name was "Beluga". It looks to me like she vanished in the late 70's or early '80's.

Perhaps someone here knows more.
  3. ar3thur

ar3thur New Member

That's a step closer ... thanks!

Thanks! That may lead to some more information. I see the Nahmeoka listed as number 115 in the Trumpy Yacht series (Mathis Yacht Building Co. Trumpy) but with no additional info on record.

I didn't know of a name after "Tred Avon", but anyone who bought her would most likely have wanted to rename her after having to put so much effort and money into her rebirth.
  4. KReynolds

KReynolds New Member

Hello ar3thur,
    I know this is an old post, but I had enquired about this boat in the late 70's early 80's, she was in Beaufort South Carolina for sale.
    She had sunk, was raised and was for sale.
    Hope this helps your search.
    Captainkirk