Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Delta

Top Gear: Amphibious Car Challenge

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Aug 27, 2007.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Few people are crazier than Jeremy Clarkson, but this time he's really gone overboard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxfCTED0eIM

Watched the episode on cable tonight. Laughed 'till it hurt. Thought you guys would enjoy...
  2. airship

airship Senior Member

A Nissan pickup with a Honda outboard motor? Something tells me that this particular Top Gear escapade had no official sponsorship...?!

I'm also somewhat perturbed. Is it really environmentally-responsible for a national (and publicly-subsidised) tv chain to produce such childish pranks when one assumes that the vehicles in question probably leaked the entire contents of their fuel, oil and sundry reservoirs into what looks like a fresh-water lake in winter-time (when evaporation of petroleum distillates takes much longer)? The lake is probably someone's drinking water reservoir as well as being home to wildlife (I saw the ducks).

Jeremy Clarkson and co. should have been more responsible. They should have worn their seatbelts at all times and dispensed with the life-jackets which would probably constitute a major hindrance when driving normally. Ideally, they would have been trapped within their overturned toys for what seemed an eternity and swallowed huge amounts of petrol / lube oil / brake fluid-imbibed water before being rescued by the divers standing-by.

Now, that would be hilarious...?!

PS. Jeremy Clarkson: I remember listening to your pathetic pseudo-philosophical closing comments after having driven the Bugatti coupe a year or so ago, regretting that you would probably never ever have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of another one, something you'd regret until the day you died...? Well, let me tell you that I was behind the wheel of just such a Bugatti about 2 weeks ago..."Inhale the fumes of burning Bugatti rubber, Jeremy, you wanker!" (Well, we can all dream - I sat behind the wheel of the Bugatti for all of about 10 seconds when visiting an Arab-owned yacht.) :eek: