Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

Tiara open 38

Discussion in 'Tiara Yacht' started by JulioOscar, Oct 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JulioOscar

JulioOscar New Member

I’m looking for access to the shower tubes , I had a water leak
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Shower tubes? What are you talking about?
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Welcome to YF Julio. If you're saying you have a leak in the plumbing (pipes, connections, fixtures) you can probably get what you need at your local hardware or plumbing supply store. Depending on where and how severe the leak is there's also tapes on the market that'll close it up. As for access it may require removing panels behind the shower. Sometimes they're just on with Velcro other times on with clips or screwed on. Remember that it's your boat. If you screw something up you can always fix it.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Generally there is a strainer at the drain and the clog is there, I've never seen the shower drain lines/hoses clog. Usually it's the sump they drain into has a bad pump or float switch and makes the shower drain very very slowly because it's overflowing through a small vent hole into the bilge.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The OP said he had a "leak" in the shower "tubes" (which I can only assume are the pipes (PEX) bringing water in. The drain and sump should be readily accessible. On this boat do you know if the shower lines are on the hull side or one of the sides that can be accessed from the other side of the wall J? I have plenty of experience with this boat as I'm sure you have but don't think I ever used the head on one much less the shower,