Click for Ocean Alexander Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay

Tiara 41, 42, or 43

Discussion in 'Tiara Yacht' started by craigsduc, Jun 16, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. craigsduc

craigsduc New Member

We are considering a Tiara open rather than a sportfisher due to a limiting budget.... newer smaller with more recent technology vs older/bigger. Also feel a open might be a better fit for us as we intend on diving, cruising, and fishing but no turnaments.......many feel the open is a perfect fit with its great cockpit and everyones together underway....Have also heard the 42 replaced both the 43 and the 41. It looks like we can buy a 04 42 with QSM 11s for what a clean 01 43 with low hour 3196Es as well as 03 41s with 3126s. The 43 intrigues us due to its bigger size but for the same money, we can get a later model 42 with QSMs. What would be your recommendations. Resale an issue? We feel the 43 wouldnt cost us any more to own for a few years and would give us better room.

Thoughts? Anyone selling a pristine late model 43 for the high 200s??? An 02 just sold in So Cal with 299 ask...There is a clean 01 in the gulf with an ask of 369......seems much too high for an 01...have been told it could sell for around 300 but we feel it is still too much especially in this market. opinions/comments appreciated
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Craig,
    I'm a bit partial to Tiaras. Think they are well built, easy to handle boats. Plenty of deck space for diving gear and such, or just entertaining. The step up helm gives good visibility. I have written about them in other publications, but also did deliveries for an owner on his 43. One trip was from FL to VA, some of the time outside but the majority on the ICW. This one had DDEC engines which ran well but need to be properly maintained.
    Understand that on an express model compared to a fly bridge your visibility may be limited in rough seas and you will likely take water over the bow if moving along. But always feel safe in a Tiara.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The flip side to that is that it is so much more comfortable sitting low in rough seas, especially a quartering sea. Even after all these years I hate that 'front car on the roller coaster' feel in a quartering sea.:eek: I've run quite a few Tiaras, but the 43 only once for about 3 hours. Not much to form an opinion or give advice from. Thoroughly like Tiaras though. Good quality and handling.
  4. New Cabo 44 Hard Top. They have an excellent entry price on the first 5 hulls I hear and you would have a unique boat for a few years. I do Love the Tiara tough. Tough Choice. I go with 42 or the Cabo!
  5. Necessary Evil

Necessary Evil New Member

I love my 38 Tiara Open. She's a 2008 model with the common rail Cummins engines. Man, those electronic common rail engines are fine! Perfectly smooth and smokeless! Boat is a tank to boot!