Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Abeking

The Santego will soon be ours . . .

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Mike Dzurko, Mar 9, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mike Dzurko

Mike Dzurko New Member

Saturday should be the day we close on an immaculate 1991, 38' Santego. The surveyor is supposed to be getting back to me Thursday with his verbal report. In about two months we'll hopefully be bringing her the 95 miles downriver (Mississippi) to her new home. We're pumped!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Congrats Mike! Welcome aboard. :)
  3. marina2debay

marina2debay New Member

re:38 Carver

Mike,

Just read your note about getting an immaculate 1991 Carver last year. I'm wondering how you still like it, as I am currently looking at a 1990 Santego myself. Altho, it is only a 27, I think it's plenty of boat for me. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has twin stern drives, not straight inboards. Any input anyone has would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks,

Cari
  4. Gary J

Gary J New Member

Congrats on the 91 Santego. I love my 2000. One word of caution. The V-Drives. I have a friend with an '91 who had to replace one drive. The surveyor of my boat suggests that the V-drives are the Achilles heel for the Santego. They get out of alignment and leak.
    But every boat has something and knowing what to watch for should help prevent any problems in the future.
  5. Tonyo

Tonyo Guest

Bridge clearance for a 1994 38 Carver Santego

I too am loking at a 38 Santego. It is a mint 1994. Everything about this vessel works for us, except one unknown. The question I have yet to get an accurate answer on is-what is the bridge clearance? There are not lights or instruments on top of the radar arch. I have to clear a bridge at the entrance to our marina that is 13' 4". If anyone could help me with this one I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

7. Tonyo

Tonyo Guest

Thanks for the reply. The 1994 that I am interested in has a molded fiberglass arch , which I hope nets out to a lower bridge clearance than the stainless version you showed me.
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member