Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander

Surveyor Needed: Quebec (or New Brunswick)

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by JWY, Jan 15, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I am looking for a surveyor for a prepurchase survey in northern Quebec. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Judy
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Hi Judy,
    I'll bet Rodger can get you to someone if you send him a PM.
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

You might have some delays at this point Judy. We're locked down hard here... restricted travel from region to region, 8 p.m. curfews, all non-essential work halted throughout the province.
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Thanks, Kevin. At this point we're doing the out-of-water survey with the surveyor only. Client to attend the sea trial part of the survey when the bay thaws. Presumably borders will be open by then.

Unfortunately I am aware of the restrictions. I have a boat in Newfoundland. I hear New Brunswick is a bit of a Covid hot-spot right now.

Beautiful provinces to which I have toured - I look forward to a return visit when safe.
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The Atlantic provinces are actually in good shape overall. Far less population density, no big cities to feed the spread. And when it all started last spring the 4 provinces (Newfoundland, PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) closed their borders to the rest of Canada... only essential workers are permitted to transit, anyone else going into them has to quarantine for 14 days.