Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Surprise from the wife

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by CODOG, Aug 1, 2008.

1. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

How the wee munchkin managed to hide this from me, god knows. Total surprise for my 49th, Shamrock V being my favorite J Class....a very well executed model too, love it :) How she knew this I'll never know...they have a knack dont they ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Sweet! I've always told GF's, when in doubt, buy a model! NO neckties. (which is a woman's way of putting a noose around your neck!)

BTW... 48 for me, day before yesterday. Can't believe the half-century mark is so close! :eek:
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Happy Birthday to both of you.

That model sure looks good, now you have to keep it dusted.

I have a large Bequia Boat and am not going to clean it again (a huge job) till I have a glass case to keep it in.
  4. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

:) Belated Happy Returns sir. Scary is it not, only seems a few months since the last one. It wont be long before I'll be going to bed with a granny.
  5. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

Carl, Codog: Happy birthday and best wishes for the future.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Oh you young whippersnappers. Quit-yer-*****in. You've got a ton of time to spend with that obviously terrific woman. Heck she ain't even hit the hot flashes yet.:eek: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:D
    BTW, My life's been better every year since I turned 17. I've got a couple on you and it's still getting better. Have Fun and keep on doing it.:)
  7. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

CARL and CODOG - Happy Happy Birthday!
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Those boats from Bequia (island off St. Vincent) are beautiful. To see them make them is a joy to watch. I went to SVG last year and took the ferry across to Bequia and watched them work on a J-Class of the Velsheda. They are really good!

You have a very good piece there K!W!, if it is from Bequia.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CARL!!!!! Half a century not out!
  9. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Really sweet CODOG. Of course now you must construct a scale boat yard to give it a proper setting .....

Kelly
    (ex- model railroader)
  10. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Maybe we should start a model boat thread.

I bought mine in Feb 95 in Bequia. I had looked at them a few times before but never had the spare cash to buy one ( I was always worried I could eat the $1000 easier and more beneficial that the bloody model)

I looked at it and bargained the seller down a bit before leaving to have a pizza with a famous rock musician who had been the guest of a guest on an earlier charter whom I had encountered in the Post Office shortly before beginning my bargaining.
  11. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Why not indeed, if no one else does I will, although I've just the one model I posted earlier at present. I have however only just bought this (impulse buy, following a link my wife showed me), but the seller is quite some distance from me and safe transport is an issue. Will post more pics when / if it arrives.

Attached Files:

12. KCook

KCook Senior Member

WOW !!!!
  13. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

:) I'm quite excited, although in this case the heart has ruled the head as the practicalities of getting it to me are daunting, and I've nowhere to put it when it arrives....it needs a deep clean and a few minor repairs but I couldnt resist it.
  14. CaptPKilbride

CaptPKilbride Senior Member

Great looking models, CODOG!

I love my bequia boats, I have 2 model "two-bow" whaling boats.

Attached Files:

15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

CaptKilbride, in the future please keep images to a maximum width of 640 pixels. :)
  16. KCook

KCook Senior Member

CaptPKilbride - Those look like you could sail them on a pond? Not just for display? I bought a cheap sloop in a tourist shop that looked like it could be sailed. However it turned out that the hull was solid wood. So it floated so low in the water that the deck was almost awash. Oh well.

Kelly
  17. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

No, as far as I know, the Bequia models are for display but the talent that they have I do not doubt that they would make you one for sailing! I'll take a picture of one that I have but a little later.
  18. CaptPKilbride

CaptPKilbride Senior Member

The one with the bright hull was made by Kingsley "Prop" King at The Boathouse overlooking Friendship Bay; he told me all the model boats he builds are made to sail first and foremost. (Though I wouldn't sail mine, I like how pristine it looks on top of my fireplace)
    The blue one is from Sargent Brothers in Port Elizabeth.
  19. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Attached Files: